Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, March 13, 2011

What Are Words?

I saw this video on my blogger friend Di's page, and I loved it SO much, that I wanted to post it myself.

For those of you who don't watch American Idol, one of my favorites who didn't make the final 13, was Chris Medina.  His story, briefly, is that his beautiful fiancee was in a horrific auto accident right before they were scheduled to get married.  She is partially paralyzed, she suffered a traumatic brain injury, and he has stuck by her through it all, and seems to be committed to stand by her for the duration.
I was sad to see him get booted from Idol, but I don't think you have heard the last of him.

His new single, which was written specifically for him, by someone who believes in his talent, says volumes.
I have always been wary of words, words, words, because as the old maxim says, actions speak louder.
How many people talk a good story, but don't follow through?  Their actions don't reflect what they say they believe.
Because in the end, you know who will be there for you.  You know who you can call, anytime.  You know who will come, always.  You don't need any words to tell you.
You just know.
The people I love, my family, my friends, don't need me to tell them how I feel.  They know.  I show them.  I hope I show them enough.

Take a couple of minutes, and listen to this sweet young man pouring his heart out.
And be who you say you are.
What else is there?








9 comments:

JC said...

Thanks for posting this. I watch AI and I for one loved his singing. Would he have won, I don't know but I do think he is talented and deserves to have a chance.

MarthaVA said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. I liked Chris a lot too and was shocked when they didn't include him....but maybe he has something brighter waiting for him now. He deserves it.

Martha

Janie said...

I also watch and did like him too.

But not to worry..I understand he is already receiving help in the way of a record deal (and he has put one out already), has had guest appearance on a late night talk show, and the FANS chipped in for a handicapped van.

Who says Americans don't care!

michelle - typical libra said...

That is so beautiful. Too much we hear the bad, the ones that walk away, this is such a stunning reminder of the miracles that happen when you stay. I wish the best to him and his family.

Reagan Patrice said...

Thanks for sharing. Great song, great story and made me think.

Hilary said...

Oh yes, I think he's a wonderful guy, too. It just about broke JL's heart to tell him he didn't make it.

Sometimes I wonder if they release them from the show so that they actually can do something with their careers. It seems to me that they never fail to make the very best performer take 2nd place at the end of it all. The winner is always second best, to me.

claudia said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. I would have missed it otherwise.

Country Girl said...

Like you, I was surprised to see him go. Thanks for sharing this ~

Cami said...

Thanks for the video!! My fifteen year old son keeps watching it; he's super touched by the story. I hope Chris will accomplish great things!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts