Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just checking in.

It's getting late, and I am too tired to be philosophical.  I am in the middle of a weaving boot camp, and sometimes I think I get more tired than the recruits.
But I love it anyway.
I love watching new weavers,  first they are puzzled, then intent, excited, and a little bit in awe of themselves.
Makes me want to, well, express myself.

Makes me feel a little like a kid again.

But, it makes me very tired.  I guess I get a little intent, too.
Hard to believe, I know.


And now I just want to relax, until tomorrow, and then we will do it all again.
Good night all.







7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

I just love your kitty companions. What better buds to hang with each day!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the light shining softly on that chair makes me want to curl up there and take a nap. But it's late so instead I think I'll just shuffle off to bed.

Have fun tomorrow!
DI

claudia said...

I wish I could be at your weaving boot camp...just once. I know I could take away all the knowledge I would need to keep me going. I am slowly, but surely catching on to my loom. It's hard without a seasoned hand to help. I'll get there, I know I will!
This is fun, I love it.

Sharon said...

I absolutely love it that you make space in your time and world to welcome new weavers. Those opportunities are in short supply. You're like a weaving midwife and I think that is most excellent, as Garth would have said in Wayne's world.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Still coveting the darn calico cat.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hilary

Love the rugs Want one and will be calling or emailing to order. Wondering how Bunnynose and Bubbalee are doing. Love kitties. Take care Mary

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You are indeed surrounded by beauty. In your home, your kitties, your talented weaving, I am always in awe of your creations.
Love those wide plank wood floors !
Hugs,
Jo

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts