Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

All cleaned up.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning this baby up.  The newspaper on the back beam was from 1992, and there was that much dust on the loom.  It looks nice now, and is ready for a new warp.  A Spring warp, I think.



Every once in a while, a custom order does not hit the mark.  And while custom orders are not returnable, I volunteered to make this lady more rugs.
It seemed like the right thing to do.
 I don't think these will be around long at any rate.
The two longer ones are 30"x108".

The smaller two are 36"x48".

They are very 'cottage-y', aren't they?

Here is one of L's creations.  It is definitely a bright one.

We finished the warp off the big Toika.  Unfortunately, we didn't have enough for
a 4'x6' rug, like I had hoped.
Instead, we got this 4'x5' rug, which hopefully  will be the perfect fit for someone.


Are you sick of rugs yet???

Off to dinner and a movie.





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never sick of your rugs. You can never have too many.

Di

imjustmk said...

I agree with Snappy Di, I never tire of your rugs. And I love the one that L made, it's different some how but, I do admire it. I can't wait to start remodeling our house, I would love one of the longer ones to go down our hall!

Cait Throop said...

I'm certainly never sick of your rugs!! I'm a total fan of your work!! xo

lej619 said...

I love the last one (the black one)
may I ask how much for that one??
I, like the others, really like you rugs.!!!

TexWisGirl said...

Keep 'em coming! They're beautiful!

Tina J said...

Beautiful as always, way to go L, that is a beauty, and so uniquely you!

claudia said...

Sick of your rugs??? No Way!
Sorry those rugs didn't work out for your order. Someone will love them. I think they are great! L's rug is so much fun! I LOVE those colors.

deborah said...

No way I'd ever be sick of looking at your rugs!

Have a lovely evening!

Country Girl said...

I don't think I could ever be sick of your beautiful rugs. You've gotta be kidding.

So - what movie did you see? You know I love movies.

And dinner. But not in that order.

Bonnie said...

The loom cleaned up nicely. It is beautiful. Never tire of seeing your rugs. L's creation is fabulous.

La Petite Gallery said...

They will brighten up any room. Great work.
yvonne

Benita said...

I absolutely adore that yellow and black rug - it's so three-dimensional and looks rather like a woven basket. I could sit and stare at it all day. What did you weave it with?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts