Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peace and quiet

Trouble with internet addiction??  That was on the local news tonight.
Apparently, it is prevalent among teenagers.  But I think that it affects some adults, too.

I admit to using the internet a lot.  I use it sporadically all day for my business.
And in the evening, I use it to write my blog post, and sometimes to surf around craigslist, or ebay, or just to keep up with the blogs I read.  And while it is recreational and enjoyable, there are times when I just turn it off, and pick up my knitting, or my Kindle.
Because it is a good thing to do, and because it is just too easy to keep my face glued to this screen.

I love being home for dinner, and knowing that I don't have to go out again tonight, for anything.
After so many years of working shift work, believe me, it is SWEET.  I  simply adore it.
Pulling the shades, putting my feet up, making a cuppa tea for me and my mother, free to play on the laptop, read, knit, or do whatever else I want to do.
I used to hate being at work in the evenings, and even worse, I hated working all night.  I am glad I don't have to do it anymore.

Once again, I need to free up the 7 ft Toika, for upcoming orders.  So L and I wove a 6'x9' Walking on Sunshine rug.
Is it awesome, or what????
We are going to do another one, but I have to spend a day sewing the strips together first.

Winter is inching along.  Another storm coming tomorrow.  There does not seem to be any relief in sight.
Everyone I know is sick of it, and nerves are frayed. My tolerance for some things is nil.

If I see Charlie Sheen's crazed face again, I am going to flip out.
It's on the TV, on the cover of every magazine in the grocery store, and if that's not enough, my mother trots into my living room every now and then to update us on his insanity.

Maybe I'm selfish, but I avoid unhealthy situations at every turn.  I do.  There were plenty of times in my life, when I didn't avoid them, but with age comes 'some' wisdom, at least I hope so.
At any rate, the less drama in my life, the better.
Thank you very much.


11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Amen. I can only imagine how difficult it was to work nights, then try to catch up on rest during the day. So glad you don't have to do that any more.

That rug is great! That's one of my hubby's favorite songs/scenes from the "Look Who's Talking" movie with the baby and John Travolta. Just full of joy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies this is L. I just wanted to ask you; don't you just love that 6x9 rug? Hilary is the Master Weaver, I just follow instructions well.
I know that they have been named 'walking on sunshine' rugs but back when Hilary asked for what to name it someone said it looked like the Chicklets we use to eat as kids. Well that has stuck in my head and i always call them " Chick lit' " rugs. Lois p.s. yes it is fun apprenticing at the Studio but its also hard work keeping up with the prevailing pace :) :)

deborah said...

Love the rug! The colors are sensational!

I, too, avoid drama and those who love drama if at all possible. Life's too short to engage in that kind of behavior.

Country Girl said...

I'm sorry, but it made me chuckle to imagine your mother announcing Charlie Sheen's latest insanity moment. But oh, that sunshine rug ~ so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous rug! And that Sheen dude needs to be under a doctor's care. He's got real problems.

DI

Two Guys and a Loom said...

Love the rug.... L. the Chick-let name is great, and will now be stuck in my head too!

sharon said...

I so totally agree with you on C.Sheen. If I hear or see one more thing about him or lohan I'm going to go crazy with them. Enough is Enough already. On to other things, absolutely love your rung. Love the spring colors!!

Tina J said...

Hey! That was me! I suggested the chicklets name! I thought is was perfect, but oh well, it is nice to know someone else did.

Boy, I sure needed to see those bright colors today, it is gloomy outside.

Also, in total agreement with the latest news craze. Nuf said.

Hilary said...

I certainly spend more time on the computer than I should. Sigh.

Love the colours in that rug.. just so sunny and lovely.

Your mother cracks me up!

Sharon said...

Charlie Sheen is on his way out of the this world and I don't want to be constantly reminded of his decline. I do love the walking on sunshine rug, though I can't imagine a 7' loom!

Blackjack Games said...

What phrase... super, a brilliant idea

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts