Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, March 18, 2011

Second try

Let me just say that it wicked annoying to work on a post, only to discover that suddenly it is gone.
But I suppose that there isn't much sense in crying about it, is there?
Let me try again.
Hear that noise?  My teeth grating.

L and I wove a 4'x6' black caterpillar rug, that is already on its way to Colorado.

Do you have any idea how hard Sydney works?  She is the official cat who weights rugs down while fringe is tied.
Never mind that sometimes parts of her get in the way of tying the fringe.

This rug will surely brighten up a room.

This sure looks like spring, but I'm no fool, I have seen these covered in snow.....thus their name.

We took a break, and walked up the road. It was very windy, but warm.

The hamlet of Kingsbury is mostly rural farmland.  There is a general store, four churches, a diner, a couple of machine shops, a couple of pumpkin enthusiasts, a sawmill, and Crazy as a Loom.


It is generally quiet and pretty laid back.


It is a good place to be.  Whatever star led me here, I am thankful.






7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Pretty "red" church! :)

claudia said...

I just love those caterpillar rugs. They always make me smile. Big!
I would like to take the time to thank you for having this blog. Each time I log on and read what you have to say and see your pictures, I am that much more encouraged to work at my loom. (I shouldn't say work, it has been so much fun)
I am still practicing. I want to work with it every day, but that doesn't always get to happen. At any rate, you have been a big influence on my weaving so far. Thank you!

tainterturtles said...

Very nice...very real and down to earth. Love your kitty companion. Do you put a disclaimer that any rugs bought will have cat fibers woven inside?????

Rain said...

Very relaxing post! Nice walk-have a great weekend! Love the rug-gorgeous~~as always~~!!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Looks like the fit is just right - in every way.

deborah said...

Love the rug! I can tell that Sydney is well paid for the hard work he does:)
Lovely day for a walk, enjoying the pictures-

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I have never had a post disappear... is that even possible?? UGH. What a charming town - love the red barn

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts