Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, March 25, 2011

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Hey, you guys.........don't come here!!!  It's COLD.  Go south again.
Are you crazy?????


Sydney says:
If you're coming here, you better DRESS FOR IT.


You're all overreacting.
It's really warm over here by the stove. 
AHHHH.

Just let me say right here that  Miss Puss seldom gets far from the stove.  Her butt is PARKED right there.


I LOVE NEW YORK.

Who said that?????

I decided today that I wasn't going to get a whole lot done.   I spent about 3 hours taking my Mom to the bank, to the grocery store, to the thrift shop, and to lunch.
I was telling her that for some reason, I suddenly thought of a particular incident that happened some 35 years ago.  She was driving, and I was sitting in the passenger seat, with my toddler on my lap.  This was before seat belts were standard in this country.  As we were driving along, a huge truck swerved right over into our lane, heading right for us.  My mother, who was about 50 at the time, drove right up on the snow bank, and back down again, to avoid a collision.  It was one of those heart pounders.
Today she told me that she remembers it well, and that she felt an angel's hands over hers on the steering wheel, and that's what saved us.
I asked her why today was the first time I had ever heard that part of the story.
She's sharp.  She said she doesn't always tell me stuff, because I will say she is crazy.

Hmmm.


I think she likes to go to the grocery store just to bomb around on this. She especially likes reverse, because it beeps, and people pay attention.
And after all, isn't that what it's all about?  Respect?




12 comments:

Marsel said...

Sydney looks...um, thrilled?!...to model that scarf for you. Lol!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love this post.

And that snotty cat - she is probably the most beautiful calico I have ever seen...

TexWisGirl said...

Love it! Your mom is a pistol, isn't she? I love the angel's hands tho... :)

michelle (aka typical libra) said...

I love Sydney! He looks so dapper!

deborah said...

I love this post and how comfortable Miss Puss is -

claudia said...

I love your mom. She and my mom would have gotten along just perfectly!

Country Girl said...

Well, for an old gal, she sure is working those slacks and boots. Very fashionable!

I like the backup beeps, too. Sounds important.

Anonymous said...

Omg this entire post had me lmao. Your mom looks so stinkin cute on that, and Sydney looks a bit pissed. Lmao

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I believe her about the angels! A guardian angel for sure.
I have a fondness for calico cats --I had a very special one in the past. Cats are such connoisseurs of comfort!

Hilary said...

Sydney is looking stylish. Your Mom still has a few good lessons to teach, eh? :)

MarthaVA said...

It sounds to me like you got lots done today. ;-)
Love your mom. She's special. As are the kitties.

Love your posts.

Martha

Rain said...

Yes it is all about respect!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts