Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Change

Yes, change.  That's what life is.  Whenever you find yourself thinking that you just can't do what you're doing anymore, or that life has handed you a situation that is just too hard, just do the Scarlett O'Hara number.
Think about it tomorrow.
Don't do it because you're a hare brained, selfish person, no.  Do it because when you immerse yourself in those simple daily duties, getting the groceries, making a meal, mowing the lawn, whatever it is you have to do, life is CHANGING.  What drove you crazy is already shifting, like the plates of the earth.


Nothing endures but change.   
Heraclitus

When I look back at the times in my life when I was deep in despair, it is like thinking about a story I read once.  I remember it, but it gets more vague all the time.  Who said getting old was awful?
Some things are best forgotten.


Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy.




[info][add][mail]
W. Somerset Maugham 


And isn't it true, that sometimes, we DO delight in change.  We make it happen.
 Like not dyeing my hair anymore.  Sounds simple, doesn't it?  But it reflects a deep change within me that I can't explain. My DH said, "but I like red hair."
I said, "Then dye YOUR head."
It isn't about hair color, not at all. And though he teases me, I know that he gets it.

"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are, for what you could become."

End of rant.
You can ask me where that came from, but I haven't a clue.

I had a huge bag of these that needed to be sewn together, so we can make another big rug on Monday.


So that is pretty much what I did all day.  I ended up with these.
I am grateful for today, I watch the news, and shudder.
I look outside, and say, snow, ah..........lovely snow.



9 comments:

Barb said...

Life is all about change. It seems pointless to resist it, though it is human nature to want to hold fast rather than let go. Sometimes the decisions we make involving small changes end up being big deals.

TexWisGirl said...

I was reading the first half of your post with dread - thinking something had happened to your mother. I'm glad that I was wrong. Whew...

Glad you had a productive day!

claudia said...

I love change. I get bored too easily if things stay the same. Change is cleansing.
Pretty colors!
Spring is just around the corner...I can smell it coming.

jaimieb said...

I was talking with a friend tonite about how when you're young you think you plan your life and then live it, and how that rarely works out. The old adage "Men make plans and God laughs" rings true! Your post made me think about the many times I"ve broken down in despair in my life and how now it DOES seem like I'm thinking about a story I read once. What a great observation!

Acorn to Oak said...

I enjoyed your thoughts and quotes on change. It's all so true! I've been thinking about that a lot lately. What a beautiful knitted pile of color...but...what is it? I bet it's going to make a wonderful rug.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Yes! to all of it. I am thinking that large is going to be GORGEOUS!.. love the vibrance.

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping the news off and not checking CNN like I usually do 20 times a day. It's all just way too depressing and I don't like feeling that way. Give me sunshine and happiness!

DI

MarthaVA said...

My motto is, live in the moment. And let's face it, the moment is always changing!
I enjoyed your post. And wow, look at all those balls of yarn to make a rug with. It'll be pretty! :-)

Martha

Country Girl said...

Very true, my friend. Very true.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts