Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, March 28, 2011

Warm me up, please.

There was sun today, but it was still COLD.
Damn, I am sick of the cold.  I so long for warm weather.  I can hardly stand it.
Miss Puss kept me company.  I tried to imagine myself sleeping in the sun somewhere.  I wonder what she is dreaming of.  She is always so content.
We could learn a lot from cats.


Miss Bubbalee is eating like she knows her confinement is close.  She is quite large, and she is also very skittish.  I have debated trying to catch her, and keep her in an upstairs bedroom with her kittens.  Somehow, it doesn't feel quite right.  And I don't think she is going to cooperate anyway.
Limitations, limitations.

I was alone today, so I worked on some "Walkin' on Sunshine" rugs, since I have none.
All this color is the next best thing to SUN.

I wove FIVE of these today, 2'x3', and put them on my web site.  I should have started some spring cleaning, but that takes a particular kind of motivation, and I didn't have any of it.

It seems like we are caught in a time warp, one where it is winter all the time. It makes me want to sleep, and forget about it.  It's a blah feeling, and I don't like it.
I want to get my bicula out, and ride home from the studio some afternoon. It's only 11 miles, I can do that, can't I??
I told DH he will have to stand by, in case I call him to come fetch me.
My brain is so young, my body is so old.  What a dilemma.



13 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I am feeling this darn cold right through my bones, it's awful, isn't it? I do not remember a winter that has wanted to hang on so long.

Ugh!!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh... how well I know. My brain goes like a tornado and my body is slow as molasses, blub blub blub. We turned cold and damp again the past two days. Not much precip. but chill to the bones chilly.

Barb said...

You can definitely ride your bike 11 miles. I hope you soon have the weather to allow you to try it. Those rugs do look like sunshine! It is snowing in CO...

TexWisGirl said...

:) We're in the 50s here today in Texas too again. But the sun is just peeking out now so at least we get to see it before it sets...

Teri said...

I agree with you, the cold is driving me crazy!

Donna S. said...

Yes, come on Spring!!!

tainterturtles said...

I totally hear you on the cold sunshine. Ironically, that was my blog subject today as well!

claudia said...

I hear ya on the sleep and forget about it! That's all I want to do. I tried working some practice rounds on my loom and all I could accomplish was a big knotted mess. I am expert at those now. Love those Walking On Sunshine Rugs. They just make me smile.

Sharon said...

I had one of the moments you mentioned today. It was finally dry enough to walk the dogs but it's been a month at least since we've taken a walk. A two-mile daily walk from last fall barely a almost one mile toddle today. I was not pleased. My mind expected more.

Anonymous said...

CS Lewis had it right: Always winter, never Christmas~

We have woken up to snow 2 days running. Sigh...

Catherine Veleker said...

Wow, this is why I read your blog every day: I think I'm the only person dealing with this brain vs. body problem. Maybe I need to get out more. Oh, wait, more snow is predicted for the rest of this week.....
Thanks once more, Hilary!

mudmaven said...

I'm such a lurker, but I had to comment today. I read that last line and WOW did it hit home. Can I quote you? I create digital sentiments that I use on cards and scrapbook pages and I'd love to use that last line as I think it resonates with so many of us. I don't sell them or anything, but I do occasionally give them away. ~chris

Acorn to Oak said...

Such pretty, happy, sunshiney colors in your rug! Love it!

I've been feeling like that too...this winter seems never ending! But, we're finally getting some sunshine and warmer temps this week...just when I was starting to wonder if it would ever come. I'm excited to thaw out!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts