Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cherish the Day

Sometimes I am nostalgic.  A simple song can pull me back.  Often it is a dream, and more often, the feelings that linger after the dream.  I wonder if it is an integral part of getting to be older than dirt.
Ya' think?
Ah, anyway, life goes on, memories/dreams/nostalgia, or not.

Today was big rug day.  Have I mentioned that it is SWEET to actually have someone to catch the shuttle on a big rug, without having to SCHEDULE someone who doesn't really want to do it in the first place?



We finished this one, a 5'x7', and started the second one, same size.  We were rocking.

I think you could call this shabby chic, or vintage cottage, couldn't you ?


I read somewhere that you shouldn't talk about your dogs, or cats, on your blog.
Yeah, right.

Sydney says:  Did somebody say 'integral'?  Yeah, that's me.
I am helping.


Oh, for a cuppa tea, and a chance to relax.
Sometimes I think I work too hard.

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

So what's the reasoning behind not talking about your pets? My lord, whole fathoms of blogs would be shut down... :)

And I'd miss your kitties too much!

Cait Throop said...

That's too funny about pets! What would we do if we couldn't talk to and about them??? Your rug is amazing--I've never done one and I'm in awe of your talent as well as your stamina!! xo

ethelmaepotter! said...

Sydney, don't you listen to those naysayers - we love seeing you on these pages.

claudia said...

I would miss the critter stories if bloggers were to stop writing about them.
I never thought about shooting a rug that is 5 feet across. Now that you mention it, that would take two people wouldn't it? Wow! The things you are teaching me!

Rain said...

Well of course we need to talk to and about our animals/pets!! Those silly people!!-lonely people -sad.

deborah said...

Nothing shabby about that gorgeous rug!
Love 'seeing' Sydney, reminds me of my Wilbur who recently passed...

Anonymous said...

You do work too hard, but as long as it gives you enjoyment then go for it. You're too young to sit around in a rocking chair and do nothing all day.

DI

Theresa said...

Well, glad there are enough bloggers not taking that terrible suggestion Imagine, no pet blogging. It would be a far far more boring internet for sure! Great rugs!

Sharon said...

What about a blog with a cat as the header?! Everyone seems to have an opinion. That was is just wrong.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts