Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow day.

My father always told me that there was no rest for the wicked.  I don't know if he was bragging, or warning me of the hard work coming at me.
The chiropractor cracked my back this morning, and it does feel better.  But I know better than to push the envelope.  In fact, I have decided, no weaving rugs this week.  It is just too much strain on my lower back.
There are plenty of other things to do, that's for sure.

This afternoon, I froze my butt off.  Well, OK, not really.  But I am still cold, hours later.


Ava didn't mind at all.  And I have WAY more body fat than she does.  I guess I am just a baby about the cold.
I forgot to bring their skates, but that didn't stop them from having a good time.


Nothing like a little ramp iced up real good to get you moving.


And some kids.......well..........pictures DO speak louder than words.

Luckily, my back prevented me from making a fool of myself.   And besides, I was frozen solid by now.]


Aren't kids grand?




11 comments:

Country Girl said...

They truly are, Hilary. You are blessed. And I love that last photo with the little snow boot tracks.

JC said...

We had snow showers off and on today and yesterday. More expected tonight. I'm not sledding though ..

deborah said...

Memories made and fun was had by all!

Candylei said...

Hi, I linked over from another blog about your blue jeans place mats. They are so neat.

My mom used to say the same thing,"There is no rest for the wicked," and she also said..."and the righteous don't need it."

claudia said...

What a beautiful day! I love to look at snow. Looks like the kids are having a great time...all the "kids".

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

And so they are ..... Love these pics :-)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Yes they are grand. Sometimes I forget how they can make fun out of anything. Lovely pictures. Hope your back is better.
Sam

Susan said...

So sorry to hear about the sore back! Rest is the key to recovery...
I'm coming up to 2 1/2 months recovering from my back injury and weaving is a wistful memory right now.

I'm getting one of those large blow up exercise balls to sit on and do small hip movements to increase core strength for back muscles.

As for winter sports: I love the concept and I hear if you dress for it, you are fine. But I'd rather be warm, like you, thank you very much!

Susan

spindrift,maine said...

yes, kids are grand!

A couple of days ago I received a Stylish Blogger award from someone who has been visiting my blog recently. As I am sure you have received this award numerous times, I passed mine on to others, but I did want you to know I made special mention of your blog and the inspiration you have been to me in my most recent post. Consider yourself awarded, without the attendant work! ;o) mike from spindrift,maine

Barb said...

Hilary, This sounds like a very fun day - even with your sore back. Hope it's feeling better soon. Did he give you any stretching exercises? Looks like the sledding was a blast for kids of all ages.

Sharon said...

Indeed - kids are grand. I enjoyed that so much - thanks for taking the time to share. I can almost hear their high pitched laughter through the photos.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts