Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's gotta go.

When I bought the studio, there wasn't much in it.  There was an old piano, and a nasty refrigerator, a wringer washing machine, and a Kalamazoo stove.
The piano and the fridge are gone, the washing machine is on the porch, and the Kalamazoo is in the old kitchen.
But I have decided to let it go.  It is a great old stove, and it really should be used, not just sit in the corner and be used as a catch all.

 This is not how it usually looks, I cleaned all the junk off it for this picture.  It is is great shape, no scratches, no dings, all the pieces parts are there.


If I had a log cabin somewhere in the woods, I would keep it.  I can see it cranking out the heat, and biscuits coming out of the oven.
But I don't, and a cabin isn't in my future.  At least, I don't think it is.
So it is for sale.  I just put it on Craig's List and on Ebay.  We'll see what happens.

52 hours after they arrived, the kids have gone home.  I came home and had a glass of wine before dinner.
I would have a second one, but I know it would put me to sleep.  I am such a cheap date.
I am going to knit a little and watch J-Lo have her melt down on American Idol.  Hey, it's good for ratings.
Tomorrow we are expecting another storm.  Hallelujah.
Spring is coming, no matter what.
You can't fool me.





14 comments:

Sharon said...

That's a gorgeous stove. My sister-in-law has one in her house and she uses it for heat and cooking certain things, even though she has a conventional oven. I agree - it deserves to be used.

I understand how you feel. Noah went home about 28 hours ago and I'm absolutely drained. I'll recover and cherish the memory.

Linda said...

I love that stove! I wish I lived closer. I just might have bought it!

Peg Cherre said...

That stove is stunning! I hope you get a good offer on it. So are your grandkids - stunning that is -- although they're not for sale. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

We had a lovely (not!) green and white one in my childhood home - it was used for storage by the time I came around, but I thought it was the neatest thing. I hope you find someone to give it love!

michelle said...

I bet someone snatches that stove up very quickly! It is a very nice piece! I just saw Jennifer's melt down and well I suppose giving negative feedback has to be hard even for her....and the rating EAT IT UP!

claudia said...

That stove is beautiful! I had an old O'Keefe and Merit when I moved into my house. Unfortuantely, in between owner's the mice thought it a great place to raise families. I couldn't use it. I love the oldies, they have so much character.

Hilary said...

What a beautiful piece. It has to be difficult to let that go. I hope you get what you're asking for it.

Country Girl said...

I thought she had her meltdown last night.

The stove is really beautiful. Hope you do well with it for sale.

Eulalia Benejam Cobb said...

You have such a visually stunning blog--your pages are little works of art in themselves. And the stove is beautiful. Couldn't you display your weaving on it, or something?

Darlene said...

I had a stove like that once. It was fun to cook on it. Had to watch the oven though. YOu could get it too hot real easy. But then all you had to do was open the oven door for a couple of minutes to cool it down. Good memories.

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! That stove is beautiful and in such great shape! Someone is going to be thrilled and lucky to buy it.

Teacosy said...

Beautiful it be perfect to bake my bread in it. Shame your so far away.
Sylvia

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

It's raining here!.. hopefully to remove all the left over snow!!... Spring is coming, I see daffodils starting to come up!!...

I love Randy and Steve Tyler on AI, for some reason J-Lo annoys me.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Now there will be so much room in there!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts