Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, February 14, 2011

Are you hungry?

Yes, it is still winter....even though it was pretty warm today, and the snow was melting.  Tomorrow, back to the chill..............
And now I know why my kitchen is so cold.  The floors throughout the whole downstairs are pitch pine, and about 1 and 1/2" thick, but they have been there for 200+ years, and I suppose they boards have shrunk.   If you look close, you can see the light from the cellar window between these two floor boards.
 So I guess my idea to clean the cellar, and insulate the floors, was a great idea after all.
Can't wait.

While my husband was making a pizza, I was busy making veggie burgers.  Not everyone's favorite, I know.
This recipe is new to me, but sounded good enough to try.

 This is what they looked like after they were browned in the frying pan, and with some onion, lettuce, and some Thousand Island dressing, they were flat out good.
 Now today, for lunch, I decided on a salad.  This may look like a strange combination, but honestly, it was delish.  Spring mix, boiled eggs, cut up pear, lentil sprouts, a little feta, and my new favorite salad dressing.....that is unbelievably low in calories.
 Strawberry balsamic..............yummy.
 Sometimes food is just all that is going on here.   
Except that tonight I am praying for good news about someone I'm worried about. 
Pray with me, ok?


19 comments:

Hilary said...

Sending best thoughts your way.. I hope everything's ok..

Restless Knitter said...

Where did you find the recipe for the veggie burgers?

Hope everything works out for the person you are worried about.

Country Girl said...

Good thoughts coming from my way, too.
And that salad sounds really good. Must try the dressing.

PenelopeRose said...

That salad looks soooo good! You and your loved one are in my prayers.

TexWisGirl said...

Hoping all is well.

Anonymous said...

Love veggie burgers and I like them with a dab of chutney sometimes. Your salad is the way I like it, either balsamic or drizzled with olive oil, a bit of salt and squeeze of lemon.

tainterturtles said...

Nice food pictures. I love veggie burgers and I love any kind of salad.

I hope you hear good news about your friend...and yes I will say a prayer.

Andie said...

Prayers for you.....

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Prayers to your person of concern - and... I gotta find that dressing! What a great combo. I know a farm market that sells that brand too.

Leslie said...

Oh gosh, Hilary! My whole house is like that. This morning, I was looking into the basement while sitting on the living room couch. If I put my hand down, I can feel the breeze in every room on the first floor. I will be very glad for the cold weather to be done. My "cream puff, fresh from FL" constitution is tired of being cold.

deborah said...

Keeping you and your friend in my prayers and thoughts-
Love veggie burgers and your salad looks plain delicious!

La Petite Gallery said...

I know all about those floors. We had a farm in Liberty Me. 1836 with pumpkin pine floors big boatds and handmaide nails. The cold air from the basement came right through those boards. We did
double insulation. My new house has Radiant
heat in the floor. Love it on the tile floors.

yvonne

claudia said...

Well wishes and prayers coming your way! Thart salad looks good enough to eat! LOL! Love that Strawberry Basalmic!

Judy said...

Insulating your floors sounds like a great idea. We have hardwood floors that have been insulated and it really helps. Enjoy your snow-I think we have some headed our way, at least in the mountains.

sharon said...

your lunch look scrumpdillylicious!! I would really like to know what you put in your veggie burger? looks good. hope you have a good day!

Joanna said...

Holding you and the person you are worried about in the Light.

Gayle said...

You and your friend are in my prayers.
Love the sound of the dressing and your photos are wonderful.
Might you share the veggie burger recipe?
Thanks.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Sending up a prayer for you and your loved one.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Sending prayers your way for who needs them. Your salad looks WONDERFUL and I think I am gonna boil up some eggs to make one tomorrow. Yummmmmmm


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts