Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

For those of you who asked, here is the LINK to the veggie burger recipe.

I tried to concentrate today, I had a warp to put on for pinwheel towels.   The first two sections I wound on were such a mess, I ended up winding them right back off.
Still worried and distracted. "L" said it's time for a ride.
That was a pretty good idea, so come along for a little tour of the tundra up here in northeast NY.
 There was just no sense in trying to do something that required concentration.
It was time to take a break.

 This is beautiful country, I just like it better in the spring/summer/fall.

There are a lot of old houses, and old barns around here.
It was sunny and beautiful out, as much as it can be when it is still so COLD.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer.
Several places we passed were summer residences only.
Talk about snowed in.
Little ice, anyone?
I'm still worried, and I am not too sure that it is going to go away any time soon.
So bear with me, OK?  If I seem a little off, I probably am.

Sometimes life just unfolds, the way life does, and we are left wondering what just happened?



It is easy to get complacent, and take this good life for granted.  It is also easy to think that it will never change.  But life is change.

The hardest part is not knowing what is over that hill.  Sometimes it is just plain damn scary.


No one likes having to walk across that slippery log.


And sometimes the mountain looks formidable.


What I would really like is to have these worries fly away.  Be gone.

But can you tell by my face?  Sometimes it is what it is.
Buck up, little camper.  

So keep praying, ok?


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post today has struck such a nerve with me that it made me cry. I hope everything will be ok in your world.

And through my tears, I'm saying a prayer for your friend and for my daughter who is going through troubles of her own.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Prayers and hugs coming your way!

TexWisGirl said...

I'm sorry you are still under worries. Your photos were really beautiful. The farms with the Harvesters reminded me of Wisconsin - a simple time. The barn with the thick snow on the roof is just like you - with all the weight on your shoulders... May you have it lifted soon. :)

Susan said...

I sense that you have an unspoken (unwritten) focus point for all this worrying... and I sure hope that I'm wrong on this..

My father tells me to quit running down the road to meet your troubles; they find you soon enough!

From the window of your life that you show us, it would seem to me that you have much to be happy, or at least to be content.

Big ole hug... Susan

deborah said...

hugs and prayers...

Anonymous said...

That was so far beyond Brilliant that I have nothing left to say but... Thank You.

"Life Is Change."

Simple, Brutal, True.

- He who walks behind the corn. (Ha!)

ethelmaepotter! said...

What beauty! A needed break provided stunning photos; hope it perked you up.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Beautiful country, thanks for the tour - keeping you in thoughts and prayers...

I just love that little red house with the porch. And your mallards in flight - beautiful.

Linda said...

Sending prayers your way. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures!I miss all the snow and views. I really miss that part of no longer living in New York.

Cait Throop said...

Ahhhh, sometimes life is a rollercoaster! I hope things get better for you and your friend--lovely photos and yes it is too cold up here. My husband dragged me out last night and we walked in the snow in the moonlight. Very peaceful...

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts