Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, September 3, 2010

Loving Maine

Hello, again.
I apologize for my week long absence.
And I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but I've been on VACAY.
No lie.
I took my laptop, and I planned to blog while I was away, you know, at the end of the day, to keep you posted.
But you know what they say about plans, right?
So where did I go????
Ahhhh.......I went to Maine!
From Untitled Album

I lived in Maine, once, for a year, and had friends that I visited in Maine for several years, and I have always loved it.
My husband and I go to Wells Beach every year, but to be honest, I have been longing for the Maine that resonates with me, where life is a bit slower.
I have been wanting to rent a house, take my daughters, and their children, for a week's vacation. One of those "wants" that you talk about, and talk about, and somehow don't get around to.
Until now.
I have a boat load of pictures that I took, and believe me I will be sharing them, but tonight, my butt is fairly dragging.
Surprise, surprise, I am not as young as I sometimes think/hope that I am.
Just one thought before I say hello to my lovely bed.
As I looked through my pictures, I realized, that as usual, there are no pictures of moi. I am the one behind the camera, taking picture after picture of my kids, and my grandkids.
It doesn't hurt that they are so photogenic.
From Untitled Album

And I realized to me that someday someone will look at these albums, and wonder why I am not in them.
Then it occurred to me.
While my physical self is not present in these shots. I am there. In every one. Because when you look at these faces, look into these eyes, you will see me. My reflection. My whole life.
It's just that simple.
From Untitled Album

Later, friends.






8 comments:

Hilary said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Looking forward to pictures!...and what a beautiful sentiment...

Life Looms Large said...

Welcome back!! Looks like you had a great time!

I made that same promise to myself about blogging while I was away, but I was having so much fun that I didn't have any energy left for my computer.

Looking forward to more of your pictures!

Sue

Gail said...

I love your last paragraph...so very true!

Glad you got to revisit an old love.

Anonymous said...

Looking through your photos and quite a few of your posts I decided that I hadn't been here in a while. You've been a busy girl and your family photos are just the best! Hope all is going well way up north in your world.... Maine looked delicious!!

Di

Country Girl said...

Welcome Home!! From what I've seen just in this short post, I can see that Maine was good to you and your family.
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures to one of my favorite places on earth!!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Welcome Home !
Looks like you had a grand time there in Maine....a place I would like to visit in the near future.
My husband's sister lives in Gray, Maine, her accent no longer Southern drawl, but now that of a deep New England accent.
What a beautiful family you have, a house full of girls ;)
Thank you for sharing your pictures, they are special !

Lili said...

Oh I can't wait to see more! ~Lili

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts