Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Up and at 'em.

I don't know why, but I am up at the crack of dawn. I cannot lie around in bed. It ain't happenin'.
My DH says he can't understand how my eyes can open, and my feet can hit the floor in a matter of seconds.
And of course, I can't really understand anything else.
We see the world through our own lenses, don't we?
Anyway, my routine early morning, is the same. I am usually the first one up, and so there is some lovely quiet time (not a TV on anywhere) And it is delicious.

I make a cuppa tea, and have a bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart with Almond Milk. That's how I like to start my day.
I read some emails, and then I am on the road.
The studio is only 8 miles away, but sometimes, there is traffic, and lights, and it takes longer to get there than you would think.
When I pull in, this is what I see.
From autumn

I am trying to be BETTER at putting the flag out. People are more likely to stop if it is out.
From autumn

This morning when I got there, I sort of had a melt down. These looper looms have been flying right out the door. I have been packing, and shipping and computing all week. It should be easy, and maybe it is, but I feel overwhelmed. Today I realized that I wasn't positive which ones I had shipped, and which ones were needing to be shipped. I freaked.
After I calmed down, I realized that I could check it all, on UPS.com, and from the Post Office receipts in my purse. So I did. I got it all straightened out, and then I decided that I needed to have a plan, every day, every sale.
I know that this flurry will end, and it will be OK. The sales will level off, and my days will go back to normal.
To help myself wrap my brain around that, I did some weaving. First off, I worked on some placemats, at least until I ran out of warp. So some warping is on my list. Empty looms irritate me.
Then I worked on a blue jean rug order.
I have found that when a loom doesn't agree with my body for some reason, that sometimes changing my seating arrangement can make all the difference in the world.
This $25 second from Charlie's Office Furniture did the trick.
From autumn

My stray kitty, or Kitty #5, as I call him, is a very smart little guy. He ran out from behind the shed when I pulled in this morning. As I walked up to the porch, he ran down to the other end of the porch, and came up the back stairs. So when I stepped up on the porch, he was about half way down the porch, sitting there. I told him that I would hurry right out with his breakfast, and he waited quite patiently.
I put the food and water out, and as soon as I stepped away and went back inside, he settled in to eat.
I also call him, "Buddy". Don't ask me why. But he has already figured out that when I drive in, food follows. And I take the food up when I leave, so the other 'critters' don't spread it all over the porch. I am thinking I need to capture him, and at least make sure that he is neutered.......I am only guessing his sexual orientation, by the way. But then I will be tortured with deciding to let him go again, with all the dangers that are out there for cats, especially on a busy highway.

And now I should be out in the kitchen, sewing blue jean strips. But honest to God, I cannot do it. I may clean off the coffee table of all my books, but sewing is not on the agenda tonight. It's been too long a day.

I truly appreciate all of you reading this blog, and I love all your comments. I am humbled by your kind words.
I will continue to share my somewhat eccentric life with you, and I hope you will continue stopping by.
Til tomorrow.










10 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

I just love your blog and enjoy reading it each day. Don't always get around to commenting, but loving every word you say!

And yes, a *nekkid loom* bugs me too!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Brian Miller said...

i used to live with a lady, the year after college that worked a look...i dont know if i ever told you that...loved to watch her work...

i can see where that flag would help...smiles...thanks for the support tonight...

Anonymous said...

I dont comment much, but I read your blog every day- thanks for posting.
Kimmen

Anonymous said...

So glad your looper looms are selling well.

I've been waking up early too, although not AS early as in weeks past. The puppy sleeps all through the night now so I'm feeling quite a bit better.

Kashi for breakfast? Hmmm, never liked the stuff but suppose I could give it a whirl.

Lynn said...

I love reading your blog! And one of these days, I'll get around to visiting your shop, too!

joyceetta said...

Hilary
I love Heart to Heart with Almond milk as well....sometimes I even use chocolate almond milk with cinnamon Heart to Heart (just found that). What a treat....tastes like dessert!

ethelmaepotter! said...

The studio is fantastic!!!!!

I haven't been around much lately (computer crashed, plus super-busy with another project,) but yours is one blog I ALWAYS look forward to visiting!

Delighted Hands said...

I got my loom kit-thank you for a quality product! We also have another stray moved in to the house to remove her feral ways...it is working out wonderfully. Have a good day!

Tina J said...

I love to check in on what you are up to. It is very encouraging, though I don't have your stamina, there is hope for me yet!

Tiggeriffic said...

The highlight of my day is to read your blog..and Chronicles of a Country Girl. So entertaining and and gives me a warm feeling.. My sister would call that a "Warm Fuzzy"..
Thanks~!~!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts