Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Working on Sunday

I know, I know. You're not supposed to do it, work on Sunday.
But I was a nurse for more years than I care to remember............remember?
Working on Sunday was normal.
And besides, today was the day that the big rug got seamed.
By Alice, bless her heart.
From autumn

With a little help from Miss Puss.
Actually, she had LOTS of help. First Sydney. Then Jinx. Finally, Miss Puss.
Only Kizzy could not be bothered.

While she was busy with that job, and believe me, she was busy; I was weaving placemats, keeping her company.
From autumn

Then because the flag WAS out, there were customers. Shopping on Sunday, and that worked for me.
It was a good day.
And the final result was gratifying.
From autumn

There is nothing that can beat the feeling of working hard, and seeing the results. That old phrase, 'a job well done'.
I guess I love every phase of it.
I love to plan the project, get everything ready, warp the loom, prep the fabric. I love to weave the rug. It all makes me happy.
But stepping back, in that instant when it is finished, is priceless.
Ahhhh.





8 comments:

re'New said...

So have you weighed it yet? I bet that bugger is heavy!

Delighted Hands said...

Wow, just beautiful. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! What a lovely rug!

Sojourner Design said...

Hi Hilary,

I prefer to keep my rugs small enough to pick up and shake, hang over the railing for an airing, etc; but I know this was commissioned... and a beautiful job!

Diane

Anonymous said...

I love that big rug~

Benita said...

Wow! Some room is going to look lovely with that on its floor!

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

Love the colorful placemats! The rug is beautiful.

Sharon said...

Hoh boy, can I appreciate that work. That's beyond impressive!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts