Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pot luck.

I haven't been sitting around all week eating bon bons. Honest.
I have been weaving sock rugs.
From autumn

Lots of them.
From autumn

These are what I call Sherbert Rugs.
From autumn

I love them. The colors are so soft and restful.
From autumn

I also had the "Quick Books Lady" come for a couple of hours.
She helps me to reconcile it at the end of the month. And she helps me not to feel so stupid.
From autumn

Someday I hope to get it. Quick Books.
From autumn

She says there is hope for me.
But I am inclined to think that I should stick with weaving, and have her do it for me.
From autumn

My daughter and I have been talking about motivation. About children who are not motivated to do their school work, even though they are totally equipped to do it well. Children who don't pay attention, who forget what they are supposed to be doing, children with incredible potential, who seem to be in trouble every day for not doing their work.
From autumn

I have never had a problem with motivation.
Betcha didn't know that, did you?
From autumn

I got some great ribbon delivered today, in 5 colorways. I can't wait to weave up some wraps, and scarves and shawls with it.
From autumn

I have so much free time, ya' know.
From autumn

Tonight, it was just my Mom and I for dinner. DH shuffled off to Buffalo for some conference.
I fed my mother. She is happy as long as whatever she gets includes POTATOES.
I ate some of my own invention.
First I sauteed onions, garlic, zucchini, and red peppers. Then I threw in some cut up fresh tomatoes, then I added a can of drained black beans. Topped it with some feta cheese.
Yum.
From autumn

It's not all that pretty, but it is wonderful on a rainy evening like tonight.
I think the hooks for the potholder kit are being made as we speak.
I am going to work on the instructions tonight, and hopefully, all you who are waiting will be getting an email soon.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike rugs, food does not always have to be pretty. Sometimes it just has to smell good.

My grandson had tons of problems focusing. They finally, although they had always said they would not, had to put him on a light medication for A.D.D. It helped tremendously, like day and night in the child.

Di

Sheila said...

I was delighted to find your blog tonight. I have a small loom which would make wonderful kitchen rag rugs. Do you cut the socks before you weave them? I looked back at your trip to Maine, and the photos of Summer Fun. Your granddaughters are both so sweet and these photos are so lovely.

Anonymous said...

I just recently found your blog and have really enjoyed reading some of your posts. The rugs are beautiful!

Sharon said...

I cannot believe how many rugs you are able to crank out - impressive to say the least!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts