Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Island Hopping

First, a note....to the question about the Reed Ideal.
I couldn't answer it, because there was no email address available.
So email me with your questions at ragrugs@crazyasaloom.com
And I will be happy to help if I can.

Now.......I took a LOT of pictures. It is hard to even decide which ones to post.
This is the boat ride, guys.
We took an hour boatride to Monhegan Island, which lies 10-12 miles off the coast. We left Port Clyde at 10am.
From loving maine2

The crew.
From loving maine2

It was a stunning day on the water, and the lobster boats were out.
From loving maine2

From loving maine2

From loving maine2

From loving maine2

From loving maine2

Then there were those who were just riding the waves.
From loving maine2

There were some greeters.
From loving maine2

Our destination:
From loving maine2

Every view was a picture. I couldn't even help myself.
From loving maine2

I can see myself right about January, going through all these albums, longing for summer in Maine.
From loving maine2

And we hadn't even landed yet.
From loving maine2

This is the Monhegan Hotel.
From loving maine2

And this isn't.
From loving maine2

Finally. On land.
From loving maine2

On to explore this little island.
From loving maine2

Guess you don't have to worry about your cats running away.
From loving maine2

This shot makes me want to stay on Monhegan Island for a while.
Just to think, to ponder, to listen to the ocean hit the rocks.
From loving maine2

I wonder what it would be like to live there for the summer.
Maybe just to imagine it, would be better than nothing at all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd give an arm or a leg to live somewhere closer to water. Hubby and I were just talking about it a couple of days ago and I told him I would love to retire somewhere closer to water. He wondered if I meant a lake or the ocean. Hands down it would be the ocean.

Lili said...

Thanks for taking us along to Monhegan, a place I've never visited. The shot of that hotel really struck a chord with me, it looks to be a place I long to visit. What a lovely trip you had. I already know I'm not cut out for island living, unless it's accessible by a bridge year round, but now the summer, that's a different story! ~Lili

Country Girl said...

Well now, this is somewhere I've never been. What a beautiful island. Yes, I could live the summer in Maine. Easily.

Nancy said...

Maine is definitely on my bucket list.

Theresa said...

Oh, thank you for the lovely tour of Maine. It IS such a magical place.
Love the boat pics. I bet the kids could have counted dozens of lobster trap bouys(sp) along the ride!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Maine vacation pictures, Makes me happy to visit your blog and listen to your music, I am coming up on Halloween weekend to weave with you! Cant wait. til then, Vicki in CT

Marsel said...

Gorgeous pictures! There is something about Maine that just gets in your blood, isn't there?!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Mainer, and you remind me why I love this state so much!

BTW, it's not just the summers that are so great -- winter is terrific as well.

Gail said...

What a wonderful experience!

Sharon said...

That was wonderful. Thank you so much!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts