Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A little rest.

This is what I love.
From autumn

Sunny autumn mornings at the studio. It's quiet, and sometimes, I need to just stop, and soak this up.
I get so busy, some days are just a whirl wind. And who can stop this craziness if I don't?
This morning, I was packing up potholder looms, and shipping them out. Doing the bookwork. Packing up more kits. It is an incredible amount of work.
I think I am finding reliable people to do the cleaning of loopers, so I think that may work out.
And I really need to divest myself of that job, so it is an incredible relief.
My good friend, from my jail working days, came to visit, and we went to El Mexicano for lunch.
I love eating there, but their guacamole is my favorite thing. It is fantastic!
I have good friends, and a great family.
I am a lucky lady.
When I bought the house that is the studio, I never knew how many really special people I would meet because of it. But I have. It has been a phenomenal experience, this Crazy as a Loom. Who knew?
It started out with a loom in my sewing room, then grew to three looms in that same small room. Then this big old house, with 13 looms? 14? aw, who's counting anyway. Hard to believe that when I started here, I had a couple of shelves of fabric. Now I have enough fabric to sink a ship. I can weave with what I have for a very long time. Now THAT'S a nice feeling.
Safety for a weaver, tons of weft.
I don't know if I will ever learn to really slow it down. I always tell DH that there will be plenty of time to rest when I am dead and gone. He never thinks that is funny.
I guess the best I can hope for is occasional breaks and quiet times. The only way I take time is if I plan it. Like Maine. Days with my grandchildren. Destinations.
I would have to say that blogging has been a restful endeavor. It requires that I sit still, and mull over my day. I take time, for me, for my thoughts, for my dreams. And to top it off, I get to meet MORE really nice people, that I would never have known otherwise.
At times, I have wondered why I blog. I have read other peoples' posts asking when you should stop blogging.
But for now, it's time...........for me.
Like a daily journal, only better. It has pictures. Someone might even be interested. It might enlighten, or amuse, and I guess it might annoy, although I hope not. But at any rate, it is a journal with an audience, no matter how small. It's like my own little private rendevouz, where the TV is not playing, someone is listening, and I can talk about anything I want. With my feet up, and no work in sight.
It's all good.






9 comments:

Marsel said...

Your studio looks lovely...it even has rainbows on the floor, you can't get much better than that! :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Oh how I love the colors bouncing off that gorgeous wood floor...
It's a slower season upon us, I'm ready, too many HOT days this summer.
Enjoy your slower days ;)

Tiggeriffic said...

I love the things you say to your husband.. I like that..I can rest when I die.. That is good.. My husband is all the time telling me to slow down ~ there is so much to do.. And now I have added a new addition to my skills. I'm trying to draw. I picked out a picture of my oldest daughter, Jodie and granson Ben sitting in my garden. I have never drawn anything so this should be interesting.. I enjoy your blog and am so glad you do it for all of your followers like me to read. Thanks so much. you are tiggeriffic~!

Nancy said...

I love your studio. If I were to have an image in my mind of what the perfect studio would look like - it would be yours.

Blogging is one of those things that is hard to sometimes keep up with - but just as hard to give up. It's like leaving a bunch of friends behind.

Lorna said...

Love your calico cat, love your wooden floors, love spectacular colors! What a fun blog; look forward to spending time in your studio.

Gayle said...

I rarely tell you and must do so. I love your blog. I come here daily. It is honest, endearing, uplifting........just plain wonderful. Your kitties warm my heart. But then, it all does. Thank you, thank you.
Gayle
San Diego

Delighted Hands said...

Blogging provides a perfect way to reflect on all we have and all the ways we get to savor where and what we are! Sharing is a great bonus, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for blogging. I love to check in on you and see what's going on. I must admit to living a bit vicariously through you . . . . And your weaving is lovely. You give me a little peace each time visit.

LOU said...

Those last few comments certainly say how I feel about the time I spend here enjoying you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts