Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm listening.

Yes, I am.  Listening to the universe speaking to me.
As it often does.
The phone was ringing today, and the UPS man had a stack of boxes to pick up.
Like I said, I not only don't like doing shows, I don't need to do shows.
I just need to pay attention to what I am doing, and not get all caught up in the
"should do list".
"What I want is what I've not got, what I need is all around me".
 Dave Matthews.


I emptied the Union today.  Finished up three rugs.


This one just makes me want to turn the music up and dance.


Did I mention that I am addicted to COLOR?
I probably did.


On a sad note, my neighbor called today to tell me that there was a cat in the road in front of her house, that had been hit by a car.  She was going to bury it, but she wanted me to know, in case it was one of "my strays".
The Kingsbury cats.  She described it, while I held my breath, and NO, it was not Bubbalee.  In fact, while I was on the phone, I saw her fat, pregnant self on the porch eating.  And I exhaled.
I know the cat in the road, not well.  I saw him there eating a couple of times.  He was always running, and always scared. It is an awful life these homeless cats have, and it seems hopeless, sometimes.

On a happier note, I made a NINE foot runner.
Why? you ask.
Because I could.  And I wanted to.  And someone will love it, want it, I hope.
Lots of reds, blues, and yellows.

Then I put a warp on for an order, and that pretty much did it for the day.

I am so glad you all stop by to see what I am up to.  It makes it seem so much more fun.

I do seem to be stuck on the follower thingie, but when I do, if ever, get to 300, I am going to have another big giveaway.
You can help me think of something wonderful.


9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sorry to hear about the stray cat. i'm glad it wasn't one of your crew. how is the ringtail doing after his neutering?

Hilary said...

Sad about the kitty but so glad it wasn't your Bub. The rugs are beautiful. I especially like the colours in the second one. When you hit 300 followers, you can start giving away kittens. ;)

deborah said...

So sad about the cat...the life of a homeless kitty is unmerciful.
Love that 9 foot runner!

deborah said...

Oh, each time I see your wonderful pictures of your rugs, it reminds of the many hours I spent shaking out my mother's woven (I called them rag) rugs each Saturday. We had quite a few, and each one had to be cleaned at least once a week:) I wasn't fond of doing that then, but I have fond memories now.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I say give away kittens!!....and I need to just keep my mouth shut.

So glad it wasn't Ms. Bubbalee

DebbieB said...

Please don't ever stop posting pictures of those wonderful rugs. I love looking at them. COLOR!!!

Frank's Corner said...

I love the color therapy you offer to us all! And am eagerly awaiting Bubbalee's birthing time. She is a beautiful cat.

sharon said...

Love the colors in your rugs. So beautiful. glad to here that all your Cats were accounted for!

Sharon said...

Me!! I would love a 9' runner. I cannot believe how many cats you deal with. You need your personal chapter of SPCA.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts