Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Waiting

It's been a tense weekend, waiting to hear news of a family member who is critically ill in Florida.
So I've been staying close to home.

I did take my mother to the Salvation Army this morning, and I didn't feel my usual resentment at being there.
Thinking of the seriousness of the situation at hand, I guess. Praying, for real. Feeling very emotional.  I found myself being ok with being there.  It was somehow soothing, even to a skeptic like me.



I hemmed these 8 dish towels that I took off the loom the other day, and rethreaded the loom for more.



I wove one towel, and then took Roy boy for a walk.
Walking and weaving, they both make me feel better.
I count on it.



Here is the world.  Beautiful and terrible things will happen.  Don't be afraid.  ~Frederick Buechner


14 comments:

Need A Latte Mom said...

Your new towels are very different that your usual bright colors. I like them, very rich looking.
Glad you were able to find comfort in church today, that is nice.
hugs,
krista

Deb said...

I love the closing line. So true and for some strange reason, quite comforting. I'm glad you can turn to God when you need to. Hugs, Deb

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I love the closing line. Yes, walking with Roy had to be comforting. I hope for peace for your family member, and for those of you who are waiting.

Mark said...

Just letting you know that I'll keep your Family in my thoughts today.
Take care.
m.

Daryl said...

I love those red/yellow .. please put them on your shop site so I can buy some ..

and I hope the news from FL is good...

Cait Throop said...

Yes, beautiful and terrible things do happen. Keeping you in my thoughts today, Hilary.

Hilary said...

Sorry your family member is ailing. I hope all will turn out okay.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Yes, we were on vigil all weekend too over Steve's mom. Glad to say she is home now and resting well. Hope to say the same for yours!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

Country Girl said...

If only saying not to be afraid really worked. This is a difficult thing to do.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

What Kate the Country Girl said. tenfold.

Donna said...

The three words most often said in the Bible - Be not afraid!
Obviously, people need to be reminded ALOT - in every generation!
Praying for you and yours.

Donna S. said...

Hope everything turns out ok.

Love the new towels you are weaving!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, you do a magnificent job on those towels. Very unique!

I'm so sad your burdened with concern for an ill loved one. I pray peace upon you sweetie.

God bless you and have a beautiful day! :o)

Unspoken said...

That quote at the end got me! I see you are still creating :).

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts