Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is not just for Oprah.


I can't even remember when I looked this good in a purple shorts outfit.
Can you??
And check out the shoes.


O was very upset that the rug was wrinkled, and despite her best efforts to straighten it out, Sydney was having none of it.


Trying to get back to 'normal' at the studio, in spite of doctor's appointments and other interruptions.
I am beginning to feel like a human pincushion, but that's another story.

On our list of things to do was double binding rugs on the Cranbrook.  We got the warp on, I got it threaded, but tying up the treadles was a two person job.

Uh, in this case, maybe three.

See L under the front of the loom?


First we untied all the treadles from both sets of lamms, and started over.

We are either very foolish, or very courageous.


O thought that L needed a little assistance.  
The truth is we were wishing we could get her to do it all, since she went in and out from under the loom about 30 times without a grimace.
Which is more than I can say for L or me.


You're a good helper, O.

Finally, our first double binding rug on this loom.
What do  you think???
I'm pretty impressed.
Hopefully by the time we get through 40 yards of warp, L and I will both be proficient at this.


What do you think??

I think it's time for a giveaway........so let me come up with a good one.
Unless you have a suggestion????

Oh, and thanks Deb from Cobleskill, for stopping in at the studio with your husband and son........we enjoyed meeting you.  It's always nice to put a face to my blogger friends.   Hope you enjoyed the tour!!!

15 comments:

Deb said...

God, she's a cutie. I love the little chub legs. I can imagine that she makes your day when she arrives. "Hi Syd". Lovely rug. Deb

Anonymous said...

Love her curls. Every project you show, I think, now that is my favorite, but really now--the colors in this block is
r e a l l y my favorite. Ruth Ann

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I can't help but smile when I see her sweet little face, she's learning the craft at an early age, and seems to be fascinated with it.
What a sweet cat, he was a gentleman allowing O to move the rug beneath him :)
Beautiful colors in the new rug, lots of work...
~Jo

Anonymous said...

I've been considering a giveaway too, Just don't know what to give. O is so darned sweet. Oh to be that agile once again. :-)

Hilary said...

If you decide on that wee, purple-clad darlin', I'm in!

Love the colours in the rug.

Sharon said...

I read Olga Krook's article and I couldn't figure out double binding to save me. I think it's fantastic. I wish I knew what you know. And I love that little helper of yours :)

Mark said...

I know, I've probably said this before, but, you take the best inside shots. What's your secret?
m.

Need A Latte Mom said...

What exactly is a double binding rug?
trying to look it up but there is no definition?

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

The rug is lovely. Wish I could get in and out of my looms like "O" did.

Your pictures are great. I like the sun shine on your beautiful floors.
Louise

Daryl said...

dish towels, hand towels .. of course you need to guarantee I will win ;)

The O is beyond adorable

Peg Cherre said...

I, too, am wondering what a double binding rug is, since all your rugs are clearly finished on all four edges already. What make this different?

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I NEVER looked that good in a purple outfit :)

KarenInTheWoods said...

en I am a youngen, I will wear purple....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

KarenInTheWoods said...

oops lost 2 letters.. that was
WHEN I am a youngen, I will wear purple....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

O is adorable. Bet she will be a fantastic weaver when her legs can reach the treadles. I am not familiar with the term double binding. You have some seriously big looms, girl.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts