Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ahhhhhh.

OK, maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I have to tell you all.....I have had acupuncture TWICE this week, and I have so far had the best week in quite a while.  I am having it again TOMORROW, and I can't wait.
Headache is a dull, doable, roar.  Hallelujah.
I feel 'almost' normal.   I am afraid to get my hopes up, but then, I am afraid not to.
Without hope, what are we???



I finished my second double binding rug.  And no, there was no plan.  Are you shocked???



When I finished the rug, I cleaned  my 'area', and moved some shelving into the corner, to put fabric on.
Every now and then, cleaning and organizing is required, otherwise, creativity is in jeopardy.


L and I moved some stuff.   We brought this dressing table downstairs and we're using it for a display.
With the Toika upstairs, there is no place for it.  But I think it will serve us well in the shop.



Tammy got the lawn mowed, and pulled up all the fake bamboo/knotweed.

C weed/brush/whacked the back meadow, so it can be mowed in future.

L kept weaving blue jean rugs on the warp that has no end, it seems.

And it rained, and rained, and rained.

And while my headache is still present, I can feel it moving.  Does that sound weird??
Instead of having a slammer all day, I have periods where I actually forget that I have a headache.
And believe me, that is incredible to me.

One of my commenters left me this link, and I urge you to click on it, and read it all......it is called
12 things you should be able to say about yourself.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
     http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/04/26/you-should-be-able-to-say-about-yourself/#more-436

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about acupuncture although I've never had reason to try it.

Off to read the link about what I should be able to say about myself....

claudia said...

Oh good news about HH! I hope the acupuncture keeps your improvement going!
It's so nice to hear you have had some relief finally!
Love the colors in your rugs. I have got to get back out to my loom room. Arm and Hand are just about completely healed.

Liz aka Fibergeek said...

I am so glad the acupuncture is giving you some relief. I have a friend who used acupuncture to get rid of her daily migraines so I know it does help some people. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get relief too.

Liz aka Fibergeek said...

I am so glad the acupuncture is giving you some relief. I have a friend who used acupuncture to get rid of her daily migraines so I know it does help some people. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get relief too.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

:-)

Cait Throop said...

I'm glad the acupuncture is working!! And that rug is gorgeous! Liked that link...a lot to think about. In my case, it's regrets...must let go...

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, yay, yay! I have had acupuncture and I think it may do it for you. You've had HH for so long that it is taking multiple sessions to shake him loose but he's shifting . . . and soon he will leave. Then you will have to celebrate. You will feel like you have a new life. So very happy for you.

Becky

Restless Knitter said...

I am so glad you are getting some relief from HH!
Love the rug!

Deb said...

Sounds like it's all good. Tomorrow, hopefully even better. Hugs, Deb

Mark said...

I'm glad that you're feeling a little bit better. And yes, I understand a moving migraine. I say that mine are on "break" when I don't feel them. It's a good feeling.
Have a great weekend!
m.

Loomatic said...

That rug is awesome! I can't believe you have been able to make all of that stuff when you have been suffering with this headache! Hope this treatment works for you and I can't wait to see what you get done when you are feeling 100%

This rain sure drains the inspiration out of me.

MarthaVA said...

YAY on HH making a move - hopefully a permanent one right out of your head! You SOUND so much better! Who cares what worked, you kept moving on to the next try, and finally found the one that worked. Of course, it would have been better if you hadn't had to have all those horrible shots first!
So happy for you! Love the double binding rugs!
I need to get a new warp on my BW. I procrastinate but when I get it on, and threaded, I love weaving....so it's a plan for today.
I get to go to a mini fiber festival this weekend at Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria VA. Can't wait!
Take care. Keep getting better!
Hugs,
Martha

JoHanna said...

What a glorious rug. Love this design. Haven't tried this yet, but I think it is now next on my list. Thanks for sharing.

JoHanna said...

What a glorious rug. Love this design. Haven't tried this yet, but I think it is now next on my list. Thanks for sharing.

Daryl said...

Acupuncture solved my lower back problem .. I now swear by it .. hoping it continues to make that miserable headache fade away and be gone!

Sue said...

Glad the acupuncture is doing its job.

And thanks for that link! I shared it on facebook cuz it hit a nerve. I'm a work in progress.

Anonymous said...

Great news about the acupuncture. Hopefully, it will continue to be such a success. I can't wait until you post one day that you just realized you've gone ALL DAY with NO headache!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts