Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Endings.

Quiet days at the studio just feel so good.  Finished the off white warp with two rugs.


The first one is in muted blues and greens, with some creamy white.


For the last rug, I wanted to do something different, I knew that the end was coming up soon.


Some rugs are just so easy to weave.   They make me happy.


I decided to make it longer than the rest, so this one is 65" long, kind of a runner.


Next week, the Bolshevik is on vacation.  That's what I fondly call my headache doctor.  So I
won't be getting any injections.   Taking a break.  But it's not the end of them.  Unfortunately.


The vigil in Florida is over, and it did not end well.  There is a lot of sadness, and there will be for a long time.


Why is it that it takes change and loss to make most of us appreciate our lives?
Just wondering.


Death, be not proud.



11 comments:

Deb said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, Hilary. You try to have a peaceful Easter weekend. You sure have been through a lot lately. Hugs, Deb

Gayle said...

You and your family are in my heart and prayers.
{{{}}}

Need A Latte Mom said...

I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Holding a good thought for you all in this time.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Memories and love will ease the pain of losing a loved one. I hope you and your family will be together on this Easter weekend with love and the memories.
Louise

Daryl said...

So very sorry for your family's loss ... I think losing someone makes us wake up and appreciate what we have .. sadly the wake up doesnt last like it should ... xo

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Sorry to hear of your family's loss, Hilary.

And yes, if only the wake-up would last.

I LOVE the color combo on that last runner rug...

Kathy said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cait Throop said...

Oh so sorry, Hilary.

Anonymous said...

Prayers of peace for your family and for your headaches to cease and desist! hugs dear lady

Sharon said...

I am so sorry for your husband's loss. Life is complex.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts