Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mom who?


When your kids are all grown up, your role as a parent takes a back seat.  You still are one, and always will be.  But truth be told, they have their own lives.  They don't need your advice, their schedules are busy, you are no longer the center of their world.
Thank God they have children.


They love their Mimi, and their Mimi loves them.


They spend time at the studio with me, amusing themselves while I work.  I got the Cranbrook threaded and an order sent out.
Then we took Roy for a walk.
Or should I say a run????
See Roy down in the corner??


Roy loves everybody, but he gets really excited when there are kids around.


They make me smile.

Have I told you that Roy does not like the water???  
This is as close as he will get, and he is looking nervous about it.


Not so with these two..... water is like a magnet to them.


Your comments brought tears to my eyes.  I can not tell you how much it means to me that you think I make a difference.
HH does wear me down, and there are days when it makes me question EVERYTHING.  It makes me feel vulnerable, and emotional.
But I really don't want to stop blogging.   I love talking to you, I love hearing from you.  I keep telling myself that 'pain is inevitable, suffering is optional'.
And I try not to get into the 'suffering' mode.  There is always so very much to be thankful for.
I guess I just get discouraged at times, and to be honest, maybe feel a little sorry for myself, although I detest that.

Kids have a way of  keeping  me on track.  They see joy everywhere, and their energy is inspiring.

HH be damned.




12 comments:

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I am suffering from my very bad allergies this week and I always wish I didn't have to deal with them. But I try to tell myself that there are worse things people have to live with. And I am reminded of you and others whose blogs I read, having to live with some chronic pain that tries to rob you of your daily joy. I just hope it goes away after all the injections.
Roy....what an awesome addition to your life:-) I hope tomorrow is a good day, ALL DAY. Tell your doctor to hurry up and make it better!

claudia said...

No grands in my life so far, but then two of my (adult) daughters still live at home. Thank Goodness. This house would be far too empty and quiet without them!
Here's to HH moving on...

Anonymous said...

How many more treatments/shots will you have for HH? And if that isn't the answer in getting rid of the bastard, then what is the next step? Have you discussed other options with your doctor? Just curious as always.

Our pups have never been in the water, but they haven't had the opportunity really.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

My dogs don't seem to mind the water, all four of them. I took Frasier for his first Connecticut woods walk today and he went right through the streams. Roy's face is hilarious. This is is, ma. Not goin any further, got it?

You're gonna want to slap me. BUT. Have you tried acupuncture yet? It's MUCH less painful than the needles you're getting now, I promise. Almost painless. And I think it really did help me get rid of the six month headache.

Connie in Hartwood said...

I'm catching up after a bit of a blog absence, sorry to hear that your headache is still with you, and smiling because you named it. The honest daily glimpse into your world is a gift you give to us, and I am grateful for it. Your weaving, your dear Roy, those darling grandkids, and your wise insights ... and I LOVE the pink rug!

Trish said...

I love it that you tell us about yourself. I am distressed that the news is not better, but I feel honoured that you share your life with us. If some folks don't want to read, they don't have to. I look forward to tales of Roy, the grand kids (esp. O), L, the looms and your surroundings. I hope you don't stop. Trish

Sharon said...

Sifting through the fog of your life, it's fabulous that your grandchildren are present and content to be kids with their grandma. That's good medicine right there. There's lots of us, but only one of you to them.

Jill of All Trades said...

Awww, grandchildren. We are getting ready to have our first in September and I can't wait for the change in our lives! Hang in there.

Country Girl said...

Of course you get discouraged. How could you not?
I love your running photo!
Peace, my friend.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Gee I don't know how you do it. I had a headache today that sidelined me for a couple hours. I can not imagine how you function!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

KarenInTheWoods said...

Gee I don't know how you do it. I had a headache today that sidelined me for a couple hours. I can not imagine how you function!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

michelle (aka typicallibra) said...

Hilary - I have been reading your blog for quite awhile - mostly as a lurker. I wanted to say that I "get it" I have had back trouble for sometime now and some days I make it all day and other days - I am down on the couch on ice by 2:30. It's hard and I hope that you have more better days than bad days.

You matter, I matter - sometimes it is touch to remember but know this....I am 40 and my mom is my best friend. We might drift away from our moms but we usually come back......and grandkids.....you are a lucky gal. Not being able to have kids of my own, I don't have grandkids but I do have 2 nieces who love to play "doctor" on me when I have to be lying down because of my back!

Hang in there!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts