Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The sound of rain.

Today was a day of cleaning the house, getting ready to have my daughters over for dinner.
I always love seeing them. They are beautiful girls.
But being their mother, and worrying about them, I don't always agree with their decisions.
Sound familiar?
I struggle with where I leave off, and they begin.
I want them to be happy, as all mothers want their children to be.
We love each other very much, and tonight after dinner, we had quite an emotional discussion, which has left me feeling helpless as a baby.
I happened apon this video......and thought you might like it.
It made me smile tonight, and I needed that.

Turn off my music playlist before you click on the video.


This fun YouTube video features a 1980s pop classic. The rock band Toto scored their biggest hit with Africa in 1982. The song is instantly recognizable. But it has been reinvented.

Perpetuum Jazzile is an a cappella jazz choir from Slovenia. It’s hard to think of something further from an ‘80s rock band. But their version of Africa may best the original. The group has amazing voices.

But the beginning of this video is really striking. Group members simulate an African thunderstorm with their hands.
It’s really something to see and hear.(Don't turn up your sound - the sound of raindrops begins really soft.)








2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh, that so is my son - he loved Toto in high school. I watched that twice and sent him the link. Why does watching that make me to emotional?

Country Girl said...

Watching the beginning of this video gave me chills! So beautiful! Amazing that they can simulate the sound of a quick thunderstorm like this. Even the lightening! I would have applauded too, if in the audience!

Have a great Monday, Hilary.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts