Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Painting on canvas

(Please click on photos to make them larger)



Oh, hollyhocks. One of my all time favorites. I have planted them all over the place, hoping that they will go crazy.
I am standing under the arbor, looking out at the meadow bushwhacked and mowed. It seems like a blank canvas, just waiting for me to do something wonderful out there.
It has to be done on a budget, you know.......I can't go out and pay someone thousands to landscape it. I can keep it mowed down though, until I figure it out.
As I was coming up to the house, after mowing all morning, I noticed this "vine" growing out of the edge of the window. What's up with that???
I guess someone will have to get up there and pull it off. Some vines, like bittersweet, will tear the siding right off a house.
I tied fringe on another big rug this morning. It is 7x10, but it is in wool. The Solmate sock rugs are usually in cotton, but I had a few boxes of the wool socks that have since been discontinued, so I wove them into this rug.
The colors are a bit muted, compared to the original Solmate sock rug.
The cats think I should just leave it here in the living room.
C'mon, can't ya' just leave it..........
"I am telling ya', this is one comfy rug. Just you try to get me off this rug!"

9 comments:

Country Girl said...

It really is a wonderful rug. I have one! And if I were a cat, I'd be the one in the last photo.

Hilary said...

Don't you just love the way she 'sprawls' out, limp....totally relaxed.
I think she is content. And I don't care what anyone says.......when she hears the camera click, she starts posing. I took about 20 pictures of her as she performed.

Delighted Hands said...

The rug is beautiful......so how much do you think it weighs? The cats make a perfect room accessory , don't they?!

Anonymous said...

Ya, Kitty is certainly making a statement about that rug. I'd probably roll around on it too.

Di
The Blue RIdge Gal

Gail said...

I am just floored with your talent!! Another masterpiece and a pretty kitty too.

Hilary said...

That kitty! Work it, baby.. the camera loves you! ;)

Sharon said...

Your cat is one heck of a saleslady! She's got the whole shtick - had to google for that spelling!

Unknown said...

Now that is pure delight! so cute.

Jill of All Trades said...

I love the rugs but they are enhanced with the kitty art on them. Found you on Chronicles of a Country Girl. Carla

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts