Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dyeing is overrated.

Seriously.   Today, we finally got out to the dyeing 'pots', so to speak.
Wanted to dye 85 lbs, got 65 lbs done.  Enough for now.
It was a gargantuan task, and we were lucky to finish it.
I didn't attempt to do anything else.
Sometimes, it's good to know your limitations.


85 lbs of mustard with a green tinge.
Lovely.


And the cable didn't break.........yet.
So everything's good.

I also got a wholesale order today from Nova Scotia.......working my way around the globe.......slowly.

The packaging insert for the new kit is at the printer's, and we will we packing them up soon.

I came home and made chocolate zucchini cupcakes, recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod, and they were totally chocolatey wonderful.
My daughter stopped by on her way home, and we made two pizzas: a pepperoni mushroom, and one with spinach, garlic, feta, mushrooms, onions and red peppers.
My day has flown right by, and I am out the door now to take Roy for his jaunt.
Priorities, friends, priorities.

I love that you are all excited about my new project.  I can't wait to see whose name is drawn!!!


Sydney says:
It's my new favorite spot.
Dibs.






9 comments:

Deb said...

Lovin' the mustard with a green tinge. I'm on my way over to get that recipe and Syd.....you are a doll.

Teri said...

If I had that rug in the RV or in the house, I'm sure my cat would claim it as her own.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

oooh, those cupcakes sound devine!!....

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The cupcakes DO sound wonderful! I love seeing your dyeing process! And I'm excited about the rug kit, too! Is it hard to make? heehee! ♥

Anonymous said...

Practice Practice Practice... I'm doing headers all day long every day and have for a few years.... you'll get it down in no time. Always here for you. :-)) Love the mustard with green... great choice as always, but then you are the expert in the weaving dept. and I could never do what you do.... it's an art for sure.

Country Girl said...

That last photo - too cool.

Christine said...

That's funny. When I first saw the kit I thought, "Gee,I think my cat would LOVE that." Guess I was right. Maybe you could market them as cat mats. ;-)

Carol said...

Great color but love the kitty on the rug...she make me feel like I should go find a rug and sprawl out on it in order to relax
.

Anonymous said...

Queen Sydney on her color Sunshine throne!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts