Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, July 8, 2011

Roy says hey.

Another long, long day.   I think I need a break.
I dyed more fabric, we sorted more loopers, and I started weaving another order, while Lois worked on Walking on Sunshine rugs.

You asked for more 'Roy', so here it is.
Sweet boy, Roy.


This is his chair, left to him by Ed.


 We are smitten with him, and he seems very happy to be with us.




He loves nothing better than to sit in your lap.  He is a love bunny.


I love his ears.


He is all muscle, this boy.



He is also quite compact.


Even princely at times.


 Nosy, too.



And after our walk, exhausted.

I wish I was more philosophical lately, but I am in work mode.  I don't have much time to think about life, I am too busy living it.  I think I should be more reflective, but I am concentrating so much on what I need to be doing, I am selectively inattentive.  My husband says that I am like a pit bull sometimes, when I get something in my head, I won't let it go.
I'm not complaining.
I'm never happier than when I have a purpose on my mind.
Sometimes when someone tells me that I work too hard, or that I shouldn't work so hard, my first thought is..........'huh?'
I'm having fun here folks.  Call it crazy, call it weird, but work makes my motor run.
It's that simple.
And when you work HARD, down time is all that much more precious.
Now I just have to get me some.



17 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Roy is so beautiful. Hey Roy!
And his chair is almost as beautiful as he is.
Without purpose we just get lost in ourselves.

Gayle said...

RoyBoy is such a fine lad. What a gift he is to you, and you to him. I love these photos of him. I love your fun/work ethic. Seems like it is its own word: "FURK". heh :>

LA said...

Roy sure is a handsome gent! He looks so happy...and you sound much happier!

Anonymous said...

What a hunk!

TexWisGirl said...

i like roy's spider web collar. very stylish. :) he's a handsome sweet boy...

claudia w said...

I love Roy! He is so special! He is lucky to have you and vice versa.

Debi said...

I like his name "Roy". He looks like he is such a gentleman. I know you must really love him. He seems to be very happy living with you.

charities children said...

Roy name is very good and it is very easy to call also. I am also planning to call my cute dog with roy name. It is very beautiful name.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well TAKE it, Hilary. No one is going to hand it to you :-)

What a handsome boy, that Roy. So glad you found each other.

Theresa said...

Roy is certainly princely! Great pictures and thank you for sharing him with us. I'm so glad you found each other.

Marsel said...

I like Roy's "smile" in that last picture!

Hilary said...

He's such a handsome fella. Methinks you were made for one another. Thanks for these.

Anonymous said...

Love the chaise that Eddie left to Roy. Rowdy has outgrown his chair and needs a chaise also...hmmm, wondering if I can find a used one for him for Christmas?

Don't work TOO hard.

Di

Cait Throop said...

Purpose is good--never saw the sense in moderation! ha!

Reena said...

Such a handsome boy, Roy! Glad to see him again!

Country Girl said...

Beautiful companion.
Beautiful attitude of yours.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Prince of Roy....what a great boy!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts