Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On summer time.

One of the presents I bought myself yesterday was a handmade purse that I found in a neat gallery of only 18 artisans.
The straps are made from the legs of a pair of faded brown jeans, and inside, there are pockets, and  belt hooks from the same pants.  The sides and bottom of the bag are also made from the jeans, while the rest of the bag, is upholstery material cut in strips and sewn down the middle.
I fell in love with it, and I know how much work went into it, which made me appreciate it all that much more.



Sydney says:
SERIOUSLY?  Another purse?
Are ya kiddin' me?


I am late blogging tonight, cause I've had my nose in a book all evening.  I highly recommend it.
It's a great summer read.

The Murderer's Daughters, by Randy Susan Meyers.  I bought mine at Target.  L teases me because I am not a fan of the library.

We were busy at the studio today, but honestly, I think we are on 'summer time'.

L is in charge of Walking on Sunshine rugs.


I am continuing improving my relationship with Miss Cranberry.
We made this one today. 3'x5', browns and yellows, with a touch of maroon.


I started another rug on the Cranbrook, but this one is with selvedge.


I am enjoying my 'orderless' state.  I have so many things I want to weave, and this gives me the time to experiment with texture and color, two of my favorite things.


It's good to slow down the pace for the summer. Gives me time to think up a giveaway.
Any ideas???  Something fun!!!




12 comments:

Deb said...

Love the purse, the last rug is GORGEOUS and I don't think too much gets past Sydney. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Rubye Jack said...

That purse is absolutely gorgeous. I would have bought it also, back in the days when I had money not so long ago. :)

As for a giveaway, how about a bag or a wall hanging?

That Janie Girl said...

Beautiful purse - and rugs. Anything you wanna give away will be awesome, girly!

Anonymous said...

that's the perfect amount of maroon in that rug... just perfecto!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I really like the rug with browns, yellows and maroons. I have those colors in my house, along with some soft green.

moosecraft said...

Love that purse... Sydney does too ;-) ... great looking weavings too! The brown and yellow one is calling my name!!!! Say "Hey" to Roy! :-)

Two Guys and a Loom said...

Purses really aren't my thing, but that one is unique!!!! The Murderer's Daughters is a great read, that was the first book I read on my Kindle, and just loved it!!!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

A jeans rug-like tote!!! Is that even do-able? LIke a big beach bag! I kinda love the idea.

Anonymous said...

Okay I made a boo boo a few posts back ... should have said Hillary is doing the Cranbrook dance! Glad you are having a great time getting to know your Cranbrook, they are wonderful looms. Sydney looks a bit out of sorts in her picture, maybe she thinks you should buy her a new purse. Hug the famous Roy boy for me.

Joy said...

Luv luv luv the purse!! Sydney is just jealous...

claudia w said...

I love that purse! I am always on the look out for some fantastic bag or another. A girl just can't have too many bags!
I think L is great at those Walking on Sunshine rugs. they are all turning out so happy!
I hope you don't mind my asking you a question...I saw this loom:
Nilus Leclerc weaving loom 45 inches
on Ebay. The "buy it now price" was only $400 and it is relatively close to were I live so I could pick it up. The pictures of it look decent. Do you know about these looms and if so, what are your thoughts about them?
I missed the bidding, but I emailed the seller to ask if he was going to relist it.

Sharon said...

Summer finally struck today and drove me indoors - to my loom. I've missed my old friend. I'm glad you're becoming better friends with the Cranbrook.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts