Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Blatant Retail.




Over the past few years, I have been inspired by my blogging friends.  Giving me encouragement, support, ideas, and even names for products.
This morning, I got a text message from my adopted daughter......my whole family actually adopted her when my youngest brought her home probably 15 years ago.
She reads my blog, and she had a brainstorm.
God, I love brainstorms.  If you have to put brain with another "S" word, I would rather it be this.
Anyway, she had a name for the Socketbook that is the perfect size for an iPad, or any other notebook.........are ya ready???
Will Apple send out a hit man???

 THE......................i Socket.
I can't stand it, it's so clever.

Suppose we could call it the EYESOCKET......so Apple doesn't get all sensitive.

O.M.G.   I love this. As DH would say, it doesn't take much to amuse me.

That's an art, btw.  To be amused so easily.
Just sayin.

I sent out a newsletter last night.....with a special offer to all who sign up for it.  I would like to extend it also to all my blog followers.
It is FREE SHIPPING in the continental U.S. until Christmas, for all orders over $50.  You just have to email me and say "I want free shipping."  I will then credit you back whatever was charged for shipping when you checked out. 
Unfortunately, I am not big like LL Bean, or Land's End....I don't have a 'code' that you enter to get the free shipping. 
Oh, the perils.
But let me tell you, it was STUPID of me to send a newsletter on a Friday night, when I knew that I would be alone at the studio on Saturday.
Ya think???
This is what I did all morning, plus all the accounting that comes with it.
Be careful what you ask for, that's all I'm saying.


You know, and I know, that I am feeling better when I am marketing my wares.
I do feel better, and the universe is speaking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing Apple they probably already have rights to the name iSocket and are just waiting to make a product to use it on. Cuz, they're like that.....

Cute name though!!

So glad to hear you are feeling well today. You just brightened my day!

claudia said...

I love that name. Your adopted daughter is a very clever person.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are feeling much better.Just be patient and do not loose hope.My grandma was saying that if you are 30 years old and you have an injury ,your body needs 30 days to heal.But if you are over 50, then you must multiply your age by 2 .So,if you are 50x2= 100 days and your injury is healed.I believe you are 60 years old, so,you should have waited 120 days. In the meantime, you should not work hard.But,i am talking to a workaholic,so, do your best.
Love and hugs from Greece.
Dimitria

Country Girl said...

This is so fabulous, Hilary! I love that brainstorm. Many happy orders will come, I'm sure of it. xoxo

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

GENIUS~~~~~

Connie in Hartwood said...

iSocket? Love it!!

It's wonderful to see more and more of the old Hilary ... must mean that things are getting a bit better ... a little at a time. So glad for you.

Hilary said...

Very clever, your adopted daughter. :) iLike!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts