Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, September 23, 2011

Just in passing

Packed up the car today for the Fiber Festival tomorrow.  It seemed to make sense.  We were there early, and gone in an hour.   
On the ride home, L wanted to take a side road.  She knows them all.  I kid you not.  


Today was supposed to be a wash, with rain, and more rain.  But it didn't happen all day.
The drive along the Hudson River was  peaceful and lovely.


There is nothing like rural Washington County, N.Y. to  calm my nerves.


This is a "portage" where boats had to be carried over land.


There are lots of interesting bridges  over the canal.


I had a phone call tonight, from a life long friend.  Her husband has cancer, and it has been a long 9 months.  


Sometimes, you can't tell what things are like from the outside.
Appearances can be deceiving.


All we can do is take life one day at a time, let life unfold.
And be grateful, for what we have.


Even if life is not perfect, it's what we have.  And it's a gift.

Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace.  ~Author Unknown

5 comments:

claudia w said...

I'm so glad that you take these side roads...thanks L!!! The places you took pictures of are gorgeous and made me sigh a little sigh of relief.
My prayers to your friend and her husband.

Sharon said...

Perfect. Thanks for the post. I especially liked the life is not perfect, but it's what we've got reminder.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I do love that quote.

Cait Throop said...

Yup...like that quote too...my prayers for your friend and husband...cancer is a bitch and life is precious! xo

Country Girl said...

Ah. Lovely. Sorry about your friend's husband, though.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts