Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday brings work.

Monday, Monday.

You asked for  the recipe to my Aunt Stell's date filled cookies.
You can find it HERE

In my attempt to separate the sock waste, and make rugs in specific colors, I give you
"Lavendar and Green".


I made three of them, as that is all of that color  I had separated, and sewn together.


I am really liking the rugs made in distinct colorways, after making them with mixed colors for a few years now.

Had lunch on the porch, it was such a beautiful day.


A veggie wrap from Cool Beans.  It was delish.


Then the FedEx man came with fabric samples and a deposit check, and that changed the course of the day.
Time to cut some fabric.  A whole LOT of fabric.  About 90 lbs.


Some of it has to be dyed for this order, as I don't have all the colors I need.  So first order of business, go to the barn, and fetch down a few 25 lb rolls of fabric to dye.


It helps to cut it before it is dyed, saves a whole lot of hassle later.



After it is cut, it gets wound in huge skeins, and tied in several places with leftover carpet warp.


This is all from one roll, and there is more yet to come from that roll.
These will all be dyed just the way they are, and hung to dry.
This particular fabric is very porous, and takes the dye well.


Sydney just wanted to say hello.
She has a knack for laying on rugs that match her eyes.
What's with that????

12 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

Sydney is obviously a cat of very discriminating taste. And she loves the new colors as much as I do.

TexWisGirl said...

syd, you're a beautiful model...

Anonymous said...

I often lay my head down on the rug with the turquoise colors in it that you sent me. It makes my eyes look so much bluer!! LOL

Deb said...

And that she does. She is so cute. I'm learning a lot about your business. Very interesting. Thanks for the recipe. I'll be making them for sure. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

fiberdance said...

Love the new rugs-but gotta tell ya-I'd love to sit on your porch all day long!

Anonymous said...

Can I come back in my next life as a "Crazy as a Loom" cat? They are so lucky!

I love the new rugs with the green, it is such a popular color now. Lovely work.

claudia w said...

You make everything seem so simple and easy. I know it isn't, but when you do what you love it makes it so much better! Love the colors of the rugs.
Love that cat. She's so purrty!

(GBS) NewsFromTheHill said...

I suppose there has to be a method, but I prefer to think that magic helped make those beautiful rugs!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing what colors you dye the fabric strips. The new rugs are pretty!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Thoroughly enjoyable read today; thanks for letting me see a bit of how you do what you do!

Hilary said...

I love those colours.. they look.. fruity!

Lili said...

Thanks for the recipe link, those look divine, plus it reminds me of a good old fashioned Maine cookie! And that color combination of the lavender and green is yummy. Your porch is glorious. ~Lili

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts