Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, July 2, 2010

I have not dyed in vain.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.........
From Untitled Album

My dyeing days are pretty productive. I have dyed fabric hanging everywhere. So today, I took some of it down, rolled it into balls, and put it in clear containers, so that next winter I am not searching for colors.
From Untitled Album

It is not coming out as dark as I would like, no matter what I do. I am following instructions to the letter. I even tried washing out the sizing with Synthrapol. I used more dye.
I am not too upset though, I am getting some pretty shades, and I am not trying to match anything.
From Untitled Album

The rest of my day was not as much fun. I needed tires on my car, so I made an appointment for 1pm. The tires were on sale, but then I got the good news.
From Untitled Album

I needed brakes all around, pads and rotors. I was planning on being there under an hour, instead I was there 2 and 1/2 hours.
From Untitled Album

So why am I showing you flowers?
Because $1170 is too stressful to talk about.
Flowers are better.
From Untitled Album

Even the blossom on my single lovage plant is a better topic.
From Untitled Album

Honestly, though, I can't complain about the car expense. I have had this Hyundai Santa Fe for 4 years. I have almost 64,000 miles on it, and this is the first money I have ever spent on it, other than oil changes. It has served me well.
I considered buying a new vehicle. But why? I like my car. It has leather seats, great AC, roof racks for my kayaks, a sunroof, my favorite HEATED SEATS, and it is pretty peppy out on the road. It is big enough to carry a small loom in the back. Truth is I have had TWO really large looms strapped to the top of it!

Reality is the only reason I would buy a new car, is because, for a very short time, it would make me feel good. But not as good as having no car payments.
That's the bottom line.
From Untitled Album

Which gives me more money to buy flowers.



8 comments:

re'New said...

My vehicles hate me... today I had to fill both with fuel, and the truck blew a tire out on the highway. Only 94 degrees with a light breeze of about 45 mph at the time and no cell service to call for help. Will have to get 2 new tires at least... sigh

Sharon said...

I have an appointment on Tuesday to spend about the same on my Forester. I wish I had some pretty flowers to go with~

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Love the flowers, LOVE those dyed colors..they'de make a great combo! I like them as is..

Anonymous said...

Our vehicles are his (a '99 Toyota Camry, mine ('02 Nissan Pathfinder) and they have been paid off for the past 6 years. We will drive them into the ground while making needed repairs and maintenance along the way. The 'no payment' status allows us to spend or save that money on whatever we please. I love my SUV even though it's 8 years old. I completely understand your wanting to spend the money on flowers instead.

Gail said...

That is a small price for no car payments. In my wiser years, I am seeing the importance of that.

The balls are wonderful and it makes me want some to croquet but I shall have to fix my own for that...and I appear to be too lazy.

Flowers are always a good way to take your mind on a pleasant trip away from the daily grind.

Hilary said...

Poor you.. not only did you dye.. you rolled up in a ball and dyed! ;)

Frank has a Santa Fe too and loves it. Sorry you're having car woes.. but happy you opted to post such beautiful flowers.

Anonymous said...

I have 2 things I want in a vehicle. It must have room to carry my fold up floor loom and rack to set up at Farmers Market and historical events.The other is it must be comfortable for my 6'4 husband. That is why I drove a PT Cruiser for 9 years and now a HHR. Always have to be thinking of what a garage sale find I will get and won't have to bother hubby.

Sherry

becky c. said...

I am addicted to my heated seats - will never buy a car without them again.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts