Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting through the week.

I'm moving kind of slow this week.
The headaches are alternately blinding, and "well, ok, I can function a little".
Unfortunately, they don't get any better than that.
I can't take Motrin preoperatively, which did take the edge off.
Hydrocodone, which my GP just prescribed to get me through the week, does not touch the pain, just puts me to sleep.
And that isn't always a bad idea, but since I am anti drugs anyway, it's a theory that's a bit hard for me to swallow.

I have long ago gotten over my need to be productive.  Well, maybe not gotten over it, but at least now I can be philosophical when I'm not productive.

I take comfort in getting any little thing accomplished.  It's humbling.

I decided to have a big "I'm having brain surgery again" SALE.
It's not actually my brain, they are leaving that alone, but my cervical spine is IN MY HEAD.  So maybe I could just call it SKULL SURGERY, to be specific.
Anyway, the sale is a DOOZIE.
You all asked for more loopers, after the last sale when  I sold a stash of chained loopers I had, ready to make rugs out of, for $4.00 per lb.
TODAY, I sent out a newsletter with more loopers on sale.
This time I have SIXTEEN bags of chained loopers, colorful Solmate sock loopers, for $3.00 per lb.
Unheard of, methinks.


Yes, you do have to buy the whole bag, but that is just because L might kill me if I made her weigh out 4 lbs at a time.  Which is why I decided to discount them to this price, to make them even a better deal.
And you don't have to CHAIN them.   It's already been done for you!
What's not to love about that?

Go to my web site Crazy as a Loom and then click on the Sale Sale Sale page, which is right after the HOME page.


I think we might have to come up with a POST SURGERY sale.  Any ideas??
Something to speed recovery!!!

Today, my all time favorite quote came to mind.   I think I would like it to be the first thing I say when I wake up in ICU.  Do you think I can remember this???

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

OK, maybe that's a little ambitious.

12 comments:

Hilary said...

It would be helpful if you can remember it word for word now. And might be a tad amusing to attempt it first thing post op. But knowing you, you'll get it exactly right first thing.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I'm not sure I can remember it word for word without skull surgery!

Thinking of you, dear friend, wishing I had better words, hoping you get relief from this next surgery and life goes back to what you want it to be. You so deserve it.

Linda D said...

Hilary, I would love to buy a couple of bags of loopers, please tell me how!

Linda

Cait Throop said...

I'm thinking of you...And that is a great quote. xo

Willow said...

Only the very best wishes on the "skull duggery" ... you smiling I hope.
Hugs Willow

Debi said...

Good luck with your surgery! I would also like loopers how do I order them?

Randall said...

Hope everything goes well and your in and out and feeling better.

~Randall

Rain said...

Oh yeh... Give the ICU nurses something to talk over their 2 minute coffee- on a good day- break !! Best wishes and prayers and soon you'll be back to reading thru SA prayer service....... That still gives me the chuckles!!
Rain :)

Marilla said...

Sending positive thoughts for your skull surgery and your return to being able to do all the things that you love to do. I like the quote and would be most impressed if you can remember it when waking up. I'm sure you would flummox the nurses and doctors too.

Vicky said...

Just keep saying the words and they'll engrain in your heart and soul- then you won't need to say them- they'll already just be a part of you when you wake up... praying for some reprieve and at least a dulling of the pain... you are going to make some people pretty darn happy with those loopers all chained together and on sale :)

ladyoftheloom said...

Having just had my c-spine surgery 2 weeks ago I will wish you good positive thoughts. You have been through tooooo much.

the wild magnolia said...

good quote.

big deal skull surgery, the good news, doctors are so good these days!

good wishes for your sales! and even more good wishes for a successful surgery!!

loved the "skull duggery".

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts