Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cake?

In spite of 24/7 banger behind my eyes, I refuse to give up on possibility.

I get overwhelmed, it's true.
.......like when my 89 year old mother announces that she hasn't had any ice cream in 3 or 4 days, and she feels that she just might go crazy, AND she's serious.
.....like when my 9 year old grandbaby calls me to tell me that she had her nose cauterized ( after weeks of nosebleeds) and I tell her that I am so proud of her, and that she is SO BRAVE, and she answers me with: "Now it's your turn, Mimi."
Gulp.

But while waiting in the car at my mother's dental appointment, I put my head back, and dozed off with the sun on my face.
And I had visions of happier times and places. Possibility.
It gave me hope.
When I think about it, there are so many things to be hopeful about.
It's up to me if I don't treasure every single one.
Like the beauty in weaving.

And good friends!
Nice job, Michelle~~!!!!!!  


There is always something that makes me smile.
It's nice to know that I can choose to be happy, even with this pain.
I have monkeys.
I have a fantastic family that loves me.
I have dear and faithful and trustworthy friends........

AND..........drum roll PLEASE..................I can finally go public with the best news of all.
I'm going to be a MIMI for the 5th time.

Here is my little pumpkin.


 

And here are my little pumpkins parents to be.
Are they not the handsomest couple you ever saw???
Is this not going to be the SWEETEST baby?  EVAH?????

Can you tell I'm psyched??  My whole family is  super excited.

So it's up to me.  Think scary bad stuff?
Or think beautiful, happy, positive, life affirming thoughts?

I got this.

15 comments:

Teri said...

Babies - especially grandbabies, put a new perspective on life. This grand life of ours is always changing and gratitude is the best way to deal with it. I'm waiting for my 1st granddaughter - due August 8th.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Congratulations Mimi! Five - wow - I don't even have one.

Deb said...

Isn't it wonderful when news like this comes at just the right time. I understand your excitement as I'm waiting for number 3. Once this grand-baby stuff starts it takes on a life of its' own. All good!
Thinking of ya, Deb

Country Girl said...

So very happy for you with another little one coming. Very happy news!!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

By the time that little one joins your world, you will be right as rain. Congratulations to all!

Willow said...

Hilary I am glad you have so many things to still smile about. Great news on the grand baby. Nothing more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Hope things ease up with the banger very soon.
Hugs Willow.

Susan said...

Hilary, my grands call me Mimi too! Great news; we'll have a new granddaughter in less than 4 weeks. Love being a grandmother, XOXO

Daryl said...

mazel tov!!!!!! so exciting ...

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

ooh, such a precious gift, a grandbaby!... and yeah, they're kinda supermodel good looking. Congrats to all!

Here's to Right as Rain, just around the corner.

Hilary said...

I knew this new little grand would be very helpful for your outlook. You have some wonderful days ahead.. just as soon as you get through the tougher ones. And you will.

Shiralyn said...

I have always said, we make plans and the Lord laughs. This baby will be a blessing for sure. And rest assured, He will bring you through all this, so you can enjoy wonderful days ahead. Congratulations Mimi. There is nothing sweeter than a grandchild.

messymimi said...

Congratulations!

Prayers for you, and the new baby and parents.

MarthaVA said...

Congrats! Happiness!

Cait Throop said...

Oh I must have missed this post! Congrats on becoming a Mimi! I am a Nana with 7 mo Ava and while I can't actually hold her we skype and laugh and visit! I'm so happy for you! And surgery? Yeah...sucks. But you certainly have a lot to live for and you can't enjoy things with a headache...so what choice is there!

sandy said...

Congratulations! Isn't funny how life can throw you some curves?
New grand baby...how precious!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts