Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A little music


In the morning, I want to get out the door and get to the studio ASAP.  I have things to do.

My name is Hilary, and I am a workaholic.

It is hard to redirect my energy, to do our walk in the morning.  But I knew I would feel better, now and later, if I did.


I bought headphones for my I Phone.....and I have Pandora on it, but I don't use them.
I don't want my head  bogged down with any of it.
I want to hear the ducks talking to each other in the canal.


Hear the flapping of their wings when they  take off and land.


Hear the crunch of the gravel path under my sneakers.


And I want to hear the sound of Roy's tags as we breeze along the bike path.
It's the sweetest jingle bells ever.


Did someone say 'jingle bells'???






6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean about walking in the morning. My husband and I have vowed to walk, if not every day, every other day. We are walking along the river at the Norris Dam, TN. A laid out path that people use. Similar to where you are walking. It is so nice and relaxing to hear all the wonderful nature sounds, you almost forget that you are walking.
Merry Christmas, Hilary! Thanks for all of your blogging. We all really enjoy it at Loomy Tunes.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love hearing the tags on our pups jingle... that way I always know where they are! Sounds like maybe you are feeling a bit better??

Jingle back at ya... it's almost Christmas.... almost over!

Joy said...

Luv it! Going this weekend to walk the dunes of Lake Michigan...love the sounds there and the comparative silence of the woods nearby once we get over the ridge. If I had a blog I would post Picts!! Thanx for sharing! I can hear the ducks now!! Enjoy today...work hard...keep busy...

Country Girl said...

I love that you're walking.
And working.

And listening to the sounds that make your heart go pitter patter.

xo

Daryl said...

give her a kiss on that nose for me, would you? Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!!!!

Jane Tims said...

Hi. I love the photo with the moss and lichen on the fence. Jane

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts