Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, May 26, 2014

Easier days.

6am.   Every morning.  Wide awake.
That's me.

What better time to make rhubarb pies?





I don't put strawberries in my rhubarb pies.  I might have told you that before.  When it comes to rhubarb, I am a firm believer that it is fine all by itself.





Then I made some whole grain orange quinoa  muffins.... and I didn't take a picture, and my daughters took them all home.  They were met with rave reviews.
It is good to have family that appreciates what I cook up.

We found some sherbert loopers in the attic and L wove them up into 3 nice rugs.  One of them is sold, just from putting them in my newsletter.   
I love the sherbert rugs, but bleaching out the color to get those shades is a giant pain.


I have been going to my chiropractor for a few weeks.  He has been helping me with the pain and stiffness in my neck and shoulders, from all the trauma of three surgeries, and the presence of rods holding my cervical spine straight.
I think it's helping, and maybe the reason my headaches seem to be better.  
I am almost afraid to say that.

But being joyful  is easy with this girl around.
She lights up our whole family with her smile. 
We all love her so much.



So much to be grateful for.


9 comments:

bspinner said...

Rurbarb pie on my list of things to make tomorrow. I made two last week and they only lasted five days. We don't care for strawberries in our pie. Also have a very good coffee cake recipe. Yours look so yummy.

Daryl said...

hey whatever works go with it and i agree a pure rhubarb pie is best … the tart of it works so nicely with a scoop of ice cream

Susan said...

I am a rhubarb purist, too. Your pie looks fabulous! And that smile! That could make the clouds part and the sun come out...

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I am eating the blueberry pie I made yesterday as we type. Your pie might be next on my list... no strawberries, you say? Ok then, I'll give it a go.

And I am up almost every morning at 5-5:30. it is what it is. :-)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I am eating the blueberry pie I made yesterday as we type. Your pie might be next on my list... no strawberries, you say? Ok then, I'll give it a go.

And I am up almost every morning at 5-5:30. it is what it is. :-)

Vicky said...

Our rhubarb is just about ready to pick and your pie looks great! Not too tart with no strawberries?

The best news though, is that you feel a bit better- yay for that!

Hilary said...

Pictures of pure lusciousness there.. the pic, the rug colours and that gorgeous angel face.

I'm thrilled that the pain has lessened. Whatever it is that's helping.. just remember that the bone growth did not ease up once it began. It's SO NOT bone growth. :)

Black flies are out in full here. In a few weeks they'll be done (so they tell me)....

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So glad to read you are having kinder days, and less pain.
You've been through the mill and it's time to enjoy life as you knew it.
The rhubarb pie looks scrumptious, my grandparents grew it without fail each year, it's also enjoy with custard on top, in the UK.
Love that sweet little girl, she would make any one smile :)
~Jo

MarthaVA said...

Better? YES!!!! I hope it continues. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always!

Martha

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts