Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One day at a time.

Sittin' on the sofa with my dog.
This is my usual spot in the evening, unless I am motivated to weave towels on my Leclerc compact, which I have here at home.
I'm not into it.
Or I get the baking bug, and make muffins or pies or such.
I don't want to.
Or I decide I need to make fiesta skirts out in the kitchen on my sewing machine.
Doesn't move me.
Tonight I am firmly planted here, on the sofa, with my dog.
Sometimes, it just is what it is. I usually am unmotivated when I have had a busy day, and got a lot done. So that's a good thing.
My apprentice, whom I shall refer to as "L", is weaving up a storm. I am so happy about this, you have no idea. It is such a gift to have HELP, and creative help, at that.
From autumn

I know that she has had some reservations about whether or not she could do this, but I know that if she sticks around, next year at this time, she will be weaving without any assistance at all. In fact, it will probably happen long before that.
And having help frees me up to do lots of other things.

Warping looms for one.
I do a lot of tying new warps on to ones that are finished. You weavers know what I mean. It saves a lot of time.
From november

My toothache is gone, just a little soreness in my jaw. What a relief. It is actually the first good day I have had this week. Maybe that is why I am tired now.
From november

Time to go home and make dinner.
Shadows are long, the sun is going down. Even though it is only 4pm, the day is about done.
From november

That's OK, tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Glad to hear that the toothache is a goner.
Glad to hear that you have HELP. It's a huge boon, isn't it?
I'm jonesing for a potholder loom but have to wait a bit...the potholders look gorgeous!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

lol... with this post and photos, for some reason the bugled "taps" comes to mind.

Yes, you SHOULD do nothing sometimes.. Lord, I don't think I could ever keep up with you.

SO many people LOVE my jeans rug. You done good.

claudia said...

It's nice to know that you have help and it sounds like good help to me. That is such a relief for you! I think sitting on your couch with your dog is a good thing.
I got to sit in my "hand work" chair yesterday with my little dog and some cross stithing...I fell asleep! It was good!

Country Girl said...

Great news about the waning tooth problem. And a gift from God is L.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the tooth is leaving you alone. Generally if I've had pain I relax when it's gone with time on the sofa under a blankie. Pain takes a lot out of a person so relax away. You deserve it.

Di

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

These photos are just beautiful - colors and composition and light!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts