Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Revolting turn of events

Still waters.
From Untitled Album

Not a lot of this in my life right now. I am missing it.
This is the path I want to walk down.
Every day.
From Untitled Album

But you know, life sometimes has other plans for me.

This week, another unexpected twist............what a revolting turn of events.
My husband ended up in the hospital again...........from 1 a.m. arrival in the ER, to another surgical experience the next day at 4:30 p.m.
Here we were thinking that life was going to calm down after last week. Instead, I feel like we are simulating the Groundhog Day movie, repeating things.
Sometimes, no matter how crazy life gets, you have to keep your serenity some place safe.
From Untitled Album

A precious resource.
From Untitled Album

Tonight, sitting at his bedside, talking hopefully about a possible discharge tomorrow, I realized that regardless of the place, or the situation, being there for him when he needs me is its own reward.
After all, he is my best friend.

21 comments:

Need A Latte Mom said...

Praying that all will go ok and he will be going home with a smooth recovery.
Hugs

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

My prayers are with both of you.

Anonymous said...

Tell Bill i said 'here's hoping he's off Park St. and back home come thursday'. You two have seen enough of that place over the past several months. Prayers and good thoughts for both of you. Lois

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. We all need our best friend at home and by our side. Sending good wishes his way that he will be home with you soon.

How is your back doing??

Di

Jaimie said...

Keeping all your family in my prayers at this time! Here's to a speedy recovery!

weaverpat said...

Hilary,
My prayers go out to you and your husband. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him and some peace and serenity for you.

LA said...

I'm sending healthy, peaceful thoughts your way!

Country Girl said...

Best friends take care of one another. And you need to take care of yourself too.
(((((Hugs)))))

Tina J said...

You two have really been thru it! You will get back to that peaceful place soon, I just know it. Hang in there.

Mare said...

I'm praying for you both and sending healing energy...

Restless Knitter said...

Oh my, I hope he has a quick recovery. My thoughts are with you both.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hoping today is a better day for both of you, and you find yourself sitting on the porch, thankful it's over and you can walk those paths again.

Life!..*sigh*

Gayle said...

Continued prayers and sending good, healing thoughts.

Delighted Hands said...

Going home is good-hope it happens soon....

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Sending prayers your way. Sorry you both are going through this now. Trials and tribulations do bring you closer, though. Hugs.

Benita said...

Tell him we all hope he gets better and this is the last trip to the hospital in a very long time.

I am praying for both of you.

bBchronicles said...

OMGoodness -sorry to hear about your hubby! I found my way to your place from Snappy-Di's! Hope all goes well - know the feeling (well) of groundhog day! Enjoyed my visit, I'll be back to visit you!!!

Cait Throop said...

I, too, am sending peaceful and healthy thoughts your way and hope your best friend is home and well soon!! xo Cait

bety said...

Sending you and your husband prayers of health and serenity.

Anonymous said...

Sending you and your husband best wishes for good health.
Kimmen

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh dear Hilary.. (((HUGE HUGS))) for both of you! Being strong for you man is the most wonderful thing you can do. I am sure he finds comfort in knowing he can count on you in these rough times.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts