Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, April 6, 2009

Rainy day

Rainy day in the studio, and I LOVE rainy days. Call it crazy, but I have always loved the rain, even as a kid. People say it depresses them, but not me. It always makes me feel calm. I love the sound of it. I love watching it on the windows. I love everything about it.
Miss Puss, once again, holding up production. Tammy and I were weaving this 4x6 rug for an order, and she popped up on the loom, and started to pose. The more the camera flashes, the more she preens and rearranges herself. I swear she knows she is a star.
In between weaving and warping, I watered some plants. This is my sea onion. I have had it for many years, and started many more from it. It is probably my favorite house plant.
Put this warp on today for an order, but I put on 66 yards, so I will have a lot left to make rugs for the shop.
It was a very productive day, and now I am tired, and have to sit with a stack of show applications, and try to decide which ones, if any, I want to do.
And it is still raining.
And that's OK.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Gorgeous cat. I fixed that link now. Thanks for letting me know.

Life Looms Large said...

It's great that you like rain! I'm more of the "ugh - it's raining" camp. I do like to take naps when it's raining, so I guess that's something!

Too funny about your cat being a ham! I swear, my dog is too. We usually give him treats when he poses, so if he hears the sound of the camera he comes around begging and posing.

66 yard warp - wow!! I'm definitely in awe! I would be afraid that a warp that long would take me the rest of my life to weave. Gnat's attention span that I have.....

Good luck!!

Sue

Country Girl said...

You remind me of my sister. She, too, loves rainy days for all the same reasons you do. You got a lot accomplished, too.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts