Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not quite pristine, but OK just the same.






More medical mystery debunked.
Not really, but I do have a probably pretty unconventional perspective on the methods of madness employed by the medical community.
Because of my little cardiac cath venture a few weeks ago, I had to have an endoscopy to see if the jaw pain I experienced was a gastrointestinal problem.
Arrived in Albany at 8am, procedure was at 9am.
I remember talking to the doctor and his nurse. She had just asked me what my husband's name was, so she knew who to call for in the waiting room when I was done.
I said, "It's Bill. Easy to remember. Bill and Hilary." They laughed.
"And he's a Democrat, and a politician." They laughed again.
"But he is really too damn conservative to be a Democrat." They really laughed.
"I can't talk much longer, I think I am on my way out."
Famous last words.
The next thing I remember is staggering across the parking lot, mumbling, supported by the conservative Democrat.
I slept all the way home.
And slept on the couch for 2 more hours when I got here.
Now when I had my cardiac cath, they gave me 2 mg of Versed IV. La La Land. AHHH. Sweet.

When I read the paperwork that came home with me, I see that today they gave me SIX mg of Versed, and tossed in 100 mg of Fentanyl for good measure.
I have no idea what their point of reference was, maybe because I was a little rowdy, they decided to go for it.
Diagnosis: Grade 1 esophagitis. Treatment: MORE PRILOSEC.
Okey dokey then.
One pristine per person.
I did manage to get myself over to the studio, after a fashion. There was a lovely spot on a bed in a sunny window.
But it was taken.
From Crazy as a Loom

"Uh, no, I can NOT move."

From Crazy as a Loom

From Crazy as a Loom

So no more sleeping today.
Here it is. Porch gone.

Tree gone.
From Crazy as a Loom

Here is where the porch is going to go....and be attached to the back of the barn.
From Crazy as a Loom

Sometimes I imagine that this old house talks to me. This picture says 1000 words.


From Crazy as a Loom


While they were digging the holes for the cement posts, they ran into bricks and ashes about four feet down. This confirms the story that this house was built on the site of another house, the house of an early settler. In 1780, the "Loyalists" burned all the houses in town save three.
Can you see the bits of brick??
From Crazy as a Loom

Anybody local or otherwise, who wants to read about it, find it here:
http://teachers.hfcsd.org/webpages/tkingsbury/files/Town%20Historian.pdf

So that was my day.
Not pristine.
But certainly not bad.
And the porch anticipation is growing.
Weaving weekend coming up Friday. Stay tuned.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cat photos are to die for and made me laugh out loud! Glad you found the answer to your pain. Prilosec really turned my gastro problems around. Now I eat pretty much anything I want with no problems. Didn't work for Hubby though so the doctor gave him something more heavy duty that worked. Have no idea what it was called.... you know, all those fancy drug names.

DI
The Blue Ridge Gal

LA said...

Happy Kitties!!! They do love those sunny spots! I can't get over how close the barn is to the house! I scrolled down to the other pictures, and realized that they were from a different angle. The porch will be so nice, though. Yes, that house just keeps on telling you stories! What a treasure!

Need A Latte Mom said...

Those are some very secure cats! Busted out laughing.
Didn't realize the barn was that close to the house. Did you move that too?

SandyCarlson said...

Secure cats. Happy animals. They tell us a lot about you and the conservative Dem.

I am sorry about your medical adventure. Docs freak me out for this kind of thing. I hope you are well.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

So glad they found the problem!
The kitties are adorable :) Can't wait to see the finished porch. So exciting!

Take care of yourself! misha

Sharon said...

I had to show Ian your passed out kitty - one Guinness too many I guess. Thanks for taking the time to share your project and all the pictures, given everything else that's going on. Oh, and I really like the colors in the rug of previous post - warp and weft colors.

Rural Rambler said...

Hilary not all the way prisitne still sounds good. I am happy all is well, just a little help from Prilosec. "One pristine per person" :) I love your kitty pictures :)

Girl Tornado said...

OMG, those kitty photos are the best. They certainly made me laugh out loud!! ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE that cat on his back photo, how adorable. And.. interesting history of your old house! Good luck with the porch renovation, I'de love to see the finished product.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts