Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Well, well, well.

That post certainly woke some people up.
I put a link to it on my FB page, something I don't usually do.
It certainly stirred up some conversation.

It's amazing to me how the supporters of this craziness respond to any criticism
at all.
Any factual information.
Not things anyone has made up, but things that POTUS has actually said, or done.

They immediately get defensive, and then shut down.

I thought a lot about that, and decided that the reason that they have to shut down, is because they
can't let their heart, or their conscience, get involved.
So closing all the doors, ASAP, makes it possible, apparently, to ignore what is public knowledge.

You know why????
Because you can fool your brain, sometimes, a lot easier than you can fool your heart.

Your heart, even when you won't admit it, knows.
Your heart knows.

And likewise, your conscience knows, too.  What's right, what's wrong.

It's like me when I come across a FB post about cruelty to animals........I either whip right on by it, or I delete it immediately.
Why?
Because I can't stand it.  I know it happens, but I can't look at it.  I will be up all night, worrying it like a hangnail.
I know that I do what I can, saving cats, adopting dogs, supporting rescues.
But I can't see the horrors.  It's too much.


Same thing happens when you talk to one of his supporters.   They can't look at it.

If they do, they will have to do something, and for some reason, some belief, some pressure, some fear, they don't feel that they can do even one thing differently.

Partisanship....such an evil parent.

OK, enough about that.  
Thank you for your comments.....yes!!  Vote!!!!  Standing!!!!!!   Women power!!!!!!

I know I'm not alone.  And that's a good thing.


So I've been making a lot of cards........and I'm still having fun.


Who knew that all my scrap fabric and thread could be so useful?

Even the waste off the serger, gets used.

It's amazing.




For those of you interested, I start like this, making a lasagna type layered mess.

I started out using Solvy, a water soluble thin stabilizer.  I put it on top of all this, pinned it in place, then quilted over the whole thing on my sewing machine.  Then I put it in hot water for 15 minutes, and the Solvy dissolved.




I then washed the piece, dried it, and ironed it.

And it looked like this.

But today, the humidity was brutal, and I imagine that was the problem.  I couldn't seem to quilt across the Solvy.....it was just too sticky.
So annoyed, I took the Solvy off, and tried quilting it without the stabilizer.
I had to go slow at first, but it did work.  It required a little patience, and focus.
But it worked.


In fact, I think I am going to dispense with the Solvy altogether.  I think I like that idea.....save the $$, and not use PLASTIC........win/win.

I have already ditched the glue that I was originally using, and now I'm sewing the collages and the quotes to the cards.
Simplifying the whole thing makes so much sense.


I have to share this, because it makes me so happy.  Penny, the dog my daughter and her partner adopted, has quickly become a part of their family.



Yesterday my daughter texted me that it looked like Penny was going back to the shelter.


With this picture.



Yeah, imagine that.


Can you stand it???

I love it so much.


Penny, you've hit the doggie lottery, as I'm sure you know.




I made some zucchini muffins today.




And pickled some beets.


Then I walked Naya, but it was miserably hot and muggy.


I'm convinced that we are each responsible.
For our own happiness, on a daily basis.
For our conscience.

For the health of our souls......the kind you nurture every minute.


I know for myself, I have to try to  be the best version of myself that I can be.
Not perfect, no.
But the best that I can do.
I have to stand up for what I believe in.
Speak out, speak up, stand up,
for as long as I can.

Otherwise, why am I here????








6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

One day at a time. Vote. Simple as that.

ain't for city gals said...

What I don't understand for the life of me is why...why...why the democrats...or for that matter the republicans are letting this get a pass for the 2020 elections. I mean really..the dems are so far from dealing with this when they have had so much time to prepare. Are they afraid of running against him? Maybe someone can explain this. Do they think we should be satisfied with Biden or Sanders?,,,though at this point I would take anyone. I just don't get it.

mudmaven said...

You are definitely NOT alone! Thanks for putting into words so many things I have been worrying over. Maybe now I can put the worrying aside and just get on with it!

claudia said...

I certainly have my opinions on the political front. I wholeheartedly believe that voting is the way to go when you want change. My dad drilled it in to me that I could not complain (about what was going on) unless I vote, so I registered on my eighteenth birthday and have voted ever since!
Your cards are so cool! I had a thought about the Solvy solution when I was reading about your problem with it and the humidity. I have seen in several tutorials, etc. that black tulle is used over everything and sewn down. When it's finished the tulle disappears (so to speak). I bought some to try, and just never got around to it.

Daryl said...

SO glad you shared your blog post on FB ... and in addition to being an amazing supporter of animals you are a pot stirrer .. keep stirring the pot because you never know you might change a few minds and hearts

love the cards .. i left you a comment on your FB shop page .. there was a card with a heart - i no longer recall the caption but if you can look at the comment i would love to buy that card .. let me know

Shepherdess55 said...

Your blog provides much food for thought and inspiration. Keep the thoughts coming!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts