Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summing it up

Early morning walks are the best.  Sometimes it's hard to get started, but once out there, I am always so glad I made the effort.





I'm not sure when it happened, but I changed my mind about the chicks.   I only have 13 now, as my friend came for her half.  We had 28 to start, two died, one after just a couple of days, and the other from being pecked.  There is still one little one who was pecked, but she is holding her own.

So maybe it is just because 13 are a lot more manageable, or maybe it was how they peered out the window to see if someone was coming to feed them.


But anyway, for whatever reason, they are staying put.  I even bought them some mealy worms.  Thanks, Karen.

I spent lovely quiet time at the studio this week.  Weaving.  Just being there.   Breathing.

Loving my old house.


 Next year, we will live here, and I can't wait.


In the meantime, I am busy weaving container rugs, restocking the shelves.


Of all the things I do here at the studio, this is one of my favorite things to do.
 


 It's like painting with fabric.
And it's just too much fun.


I don't do much preplanning.  
Oh, seriously, I don't do any.
I pick colors as I go.

I am usually happy with the results.
 



I will get back to my AVL and my second baby wrap, but right now, it's bright, colorful, container rugs.

 I make a huge mess, with fabric everywhere.   


But I think it's worth it.

This week has been therapeutic, spending time doing what I love.  Not worrying about the rest of it.

So I guess I won't take the bridge any time soon.





4 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Love all those brightly colored rugs. They would brighten up any floor. My wife makes rugs, too, but she cuts cloth into strips and then crochets them into different shaped rugs.

Unknown said...

Awesome Hilary-just Awesome!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I'm doing a happy dance for you - the idea of you living there at the old homestead just seems like the right place, the right space for you.

And, glad you're clicking with the chicks :-)

thotlady said...

Love those rugs.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts