Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunshine! Pickles!

Refusing to think about the weather, keeping busy and keeping close the simple truth that spring will come.
Yes, it will.

The studio was sunny today, there is nothing like the morning sun streaming through those old windows with their wavy glass.
The floors and the looms are golden in the light, the colors of fabric and thread make me happy.



Lois and I worked on the Toika loom all day, working to get the black warp off it that we put on before my last surgery.  Ack.
We wove a 5' x 7' rug in shades of BLACK.  It was a good day's work.
 




 I think it turned out really nice.  
Now we will be putting an off white warp on, for some more BIG RUGS.  We are going to have a stash.




You know you live in the country when you get a note like this on your back door.   I put some xxx's over her phone number.
No need to call her.  Not sure why she left that.
She's borrowed the Havahart before, and she is pretty reliable about bringing it back.
I hope she catches her possum.

And I hope she brings pickles.


8 comments:

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Nice to see pictures of your lovely "loom house" and weaving of rugs. Miss seeing that and the kitties. Can you update us on them with a few pics?
So sorry that you still have the headaches. I don't that doesn't help but I do feel bad about them continuing to make life hard for you.
Admire you for hanging in there!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Windy, grey, cold here today... is this the most ridiculously cold winter into spring we've ever known? *sigh* I admire your cheery attitude. I'm digging deep to find it :-)

Cindie said...

The shades of black rug is striking!

Hilary said...

Oh the colours and light in that first image are delicious! The note made me smile. Life is indeed different out in the country.

Unknown said...

I love the note. Hope your gift isn't a possum. ;) Wishing you all good thoughts for the spring!

Country Girl said...

Laughing at giant possum note!

Daryl said...

i hope its pickles and not the possum ;)

Sharon said...

Love those bright colors but I'm a huge black and white fan so I like them too. I wouldn't want to be around when the possum gets caught - it's not going to be pleasant. Ugh.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts