Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, October 18, 2013

A little of this, and that

I am finally driving, only to the studio and back.
I am so glad that I am not missing October altogether, which is what I was afraid would happen.



L is keeping everything going......for the third time in 14 months.   She's got it down to a science now.
Crazy as a Loom has stayed open for business, in spite of my troubles.



Before my surgery, L and I put 75 yards of 8/2 cotton on the AVL.  But I never got it threaded.  I wanted to, buy my head disagreed.
So L has been threading the heddles, and sleying the reed.  She finished it today.
Not a minute too soon.

 I am not quite ready to weave, but I had the dobby bars all pegged with a new pattern, and I just wanted to do enough to see what it was going to look like.
What do you think?

 I am smitten, and can't wait to get back to it.
75 yards should keep me amused for awhile.  What I love about the AVL is that it fits me well, and weaving on it is really easy for me, and my neck.

 I hated to walk away from it, but walk away I did.


I went home and got creative with some leftover peppers.
I would rather be weaving, but there you have it.

First I cooked some quinoa in some butter, then added some water, then the red and green peppers, and some onion.


And some cilantro, a little garlic, some RoTel tomatoes, and so chipotle baked beans.

 And I added a little rice.
I have NO idea what to call it, but it's really good.

Then I took my required nap.  
Ack, when will normal be back, that's my question.

Everytime I get a bit discouraged, I look at my desktop screen, that's all it takes to make me believe in all that's good and beautiful.

What do you think???







21 comments:

claudia said...

I think life is looking good.

Shiralynkay said...

I think that precious child is your best medicine. So thankful you are on the other side now and improving daily. The Lord is good.

Deb said...

Good to read you are out and about even if you do have to nap. Aw..she is the sweetest little bundle. So cute. You lucky lady. Hugs, Deb

Anonymous said...

Dale is quite the cutie pie. Xox

Lydia La La said...

take it easy and heal first... lots of love.xx

DJan said...

I know you don't know I'm here unless I comment, but I've been following your journey through this third surgery, with fingers crossed that it is the final one. I just had to let you know that you are on my mind and that I'm wishing you all the best. :-)

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Your driving, cooking and even throwing the shuttle a little bit. Wonderful news! Take it easy though and take your naps so there will be no set backs. Nice pattern on the AVL. I've been working on getting mine up and running. You will have to read my last post on my blog to hear about it.

messymimi said...

Seeing that on my screen would make me a believer, too. And i'm still praying you heal quickly, with no more complications.

JC said...

I love the photo of your shop and all of the colors.

So glad that you were able to do a bit of work in your shop. Looks good so far.

Take it easy on yourself though. Anything is better than it was before .. right.

Anonymous said...

Sleep, heal and enjoy the Princess.

Cait Throop said...

Totally lusting after your AVL...sigh. And that baby! You are so lucky to have them close. My only one is in HI. I'm so glad you are improving. AND napping!

Sharon said...

I think you are rebounding like a professional basketball player! I see you take naps. Mine take me :) I'll suddenly snap awake when my needles or book drop from my hands - not complaining!

Peg Cherre said...

As you have experienced several times in the last 18 months, Hilary, there's likely to be a new 'normal.' Even it just means as an orphan, a woman with no living parents. I know that's how I felt when my mom died, even though I was in my 40s when that happened. And my mom didn't even live with me, like yours.

I just hope for you that wherever normal lands for you, it's pain-free, or at least with only 2s and 3s.

Peg

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

The pattern of that weave is beautiful. It must have been hard to quit. But, you seem to have a healthy appetite

Shine said...

I am so impressed that you are already driving and weaving! Wowee! Life will be back to normal in no time :) I am always so inspired when I look at your blog....I just came across two old looms (mid 1800's) and I can't wait to see what they will do. I'm totally at a loss with them right now, but, if I visit here regularly, I feel I can warp them up in no time!! :) Have a great evening! Blessings~~Shine

thotlady said...

So, so sweet. Hang in there Hilary.

Hena Tayeb said...

lovely pattern you're creating..
i love experimenting with leftovers..
ah babies.. how can u not smile.

Daryl said...

is it possible she gets cuter with each photo? and frankly, normal is highly overrated tho in your case i would say that whatever you are/feel at any moment is normal

Joy said...

Luv the pattern....luv the baby pic....luved the enchilada recipe you gave us last time...probably will luv this on too!

Glad you are feeling better...

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

beautiful... just that.

Oh, and maybe a little YUM.

Rita said...

Love the new pattern. You can't help but look at that new little face and not feel delight in life.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts