Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

I have been remiss, and I do apologize. I said I was picking the winner of the rug naming last night, and I totally got busy with my new toy, and forgot.
I was pretty sure I knew who commented with the winning name, so it didn't take long to pick it out tonight.
The winner is........drum roll..........DebbieB over at Hozho
with the name Walking on Sunshine Solmate Sock Rugs. I love it!!!! Thanks, Deb.
Oh, yeah, and you win.............drum roll..................a Walking on Sunshine Solmate Sock Rug!!!!!! Yay.
Just send me your address, and I will get it out to you. And send me a picture of your toes on that rug while you are singing that song, OK???
Today was another goof off day. Wow, sometimes I just get on a roll, don't I??
L and Alice and I drove to my favorite bookstore, the Northshire Book Store in Manchester, Vermont.
It was a beautiful day, for sure.
My kind of winter day. Lots of sunshine, and moderate temps.
From january2011

I am really struggling trying to resize my photos for my blog. I have done it so long with Windows, and had it down to a science. This is SO different. We took a ton of pictures today, but I am tired already. It took me forever just to get this one photo done.
And I have a book to read, and a great magazine, and a cuppa tea calling my name.
So I will leave you with ONE more photo, and I promise, I am going to get better at this.
From january2011

Here's saying goodbye to 2010, it was a good year all in all.
Looking forward to 2011!!! Which will be here in just a few hours.
Happy New Year to all of you!!! I have loved having you joing me here in my Crazy as a Loom life.

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

Congratulations to the winner. Enjoy that cuppa and your book. It's 8 pm and I'm going to open my bottle of champagne. And pour a mimosa. Yum. I should be asleep within the hour . . .
Happy New Year, Hilary.

Benita said...

It may have taken you a while to process that photo with the horse in it, but, my, what a photo! It looks so peaceful.

DebbieB said...

I am just tickled to death to have won one of your fabulous rugs!! I promise a "toes dancing on the rug" picture in return. :)

I'll email my address to you. And thanks!

I made some potholders with my cute-as-a-bug Hip-To-Be-Square loom and gave them to my sister, who hosts our family Christmas dinner. She really liked them, and remembered her friends having looper looms when we were kids, though we didn't have one ourselves. I might end up giving her a loom of her own soon...

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Love the name!.. and.. love the photo of the draft horse in the snow. Manchester is a beautiful area, lucky girl to live so close.

Theresa said...

Oh that is a wonderful bookstore. I'm so jealous. Enjoy the cuppa and the reading. I rather like the pictures larger myself. Nice horse!
Happy New Year Hilary, all the best to and your in 2011

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts