Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, December 6, 2010

Chillin'

You can tell it's getting colder in northeast New York, cause all four cats are firmly planted in front of the stove.
From december


And I have to admit, I wasn't much more energetic. I tallied up the weekend, and did some work on Quick Books. That sounds like I know what I am doing, but don't believe it. I do as much as I can, then I holler for help.
I actually spent some time spinning in front of the fire.
I know.......it does sound unlikely, but it is the honest truth.
From december

I am not a spinner by nature......takes too long...I am always in too much of a hurry.
But I do have a few bags of roving, and today, I found it to be quite soothing. Maybe just what the doctor ordered. You know what I mean.

I guess I should take some lessons from my pit Eddie. That boy knows how to rest.
From december


Now for some sock knitting. Nothing like knitting some socks to chill a body out.










9 comments:

Gayle said...

Your down time is inspiring. So are the very smart furry kids! I'd love to be in front of your stove, too! Snug in, enjoy!
Love your photos!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

These are really good photos, a real feel for the weather, the mood... love that dog!!! Must give us a background on him!...

It is freeeeeezing here in CT.

Jabberwarpy said...

Nothing like a pit to sleep and a cat to find the warmest spot in the house! You earned your down time.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

They all look so snuggly and comfortable !
What a cozy place to nest ;)

Anonymous said...

I notice one kitty is over in the corner checking to make sure you have enough pellets for the fireplace to keep him warm all winter.

Di

Tiggeriffic said...

One thing I love about a wood stove is that when you sit on the furniture it's always warmed up by the heat from the stove. No wonder the cats and dogs love this room... I would too.. Glad to hear you are relaxing in your warm room and having some down time.
Ta Ta For Now from Iowa ~ it's 4 degrees and bitter cold...

jaimieb said...

Last night (after reading your post) I dreamt that at 5 am I got up out of bed to rush to my computer to encourage you to do only what you really enjoy because it's important in our "second half" of life, after giving to so many others in the first half, for us to really enjoy what we do! Then I woke up.
And decided I could wait until this morning to let you know that!

Delighted Hands said...

I didn't know you spin......spent the day with friends spinning-great way to spend a day!

Anonymous said...

Hi!Guess what my husband brought in with the mail today-- cookies! Darn, now he knows and I had to share them! We both thought they were wonderful. So, one each for lunch, one each for a snack, and one each saved for after dinner tonight. Thank you so much!!!!!!!! Maybe you should add a cookies line to your business, I'm sure you would sell out of them everyday-they truly are awesome as my grandkids say!! Debbie

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts