Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, Monday

Some days you just can't get out of your own way. I ended up rethreading a loom two more times.....and I am still not done. I can't seem to get it right.
There were all kinds of interruptions, including a tractor trailer with 20 huge boxes of loopers. L and I had help, her brother with his tractor. Hallelujah. No rain and no back ache tonight.

As usual, I had HELP with other stuff, too.
From december

Sydney thinks she is helping, at least. Or perhaps, she doesn't. Whatever, she wants to do what she wants to do.

I took most of the weekend off. I know, that sounds unlikely. But it's true.
Saw the movie "Tangled" with the little ones, 3D glasses and all.
Spun some roving in front of the fire at the studio, while they played office at my computer. The mess they made was worth it.
Taped them singing in the car, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", over, and over, and over.
Took them to dinner, where they played some random numbers on the juke box. When "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" started playing, they sang along with it at the top of their lungs. After all, they'd been practicing. DH and I never had such fun at the local diner.
Took them grocery shopping with my mother. They followed her all over the store as she drove around on her motorized cart.
They said, "We're going with 'Hot Rod Harry'. I have no idea where they got that name from. Honest.
Made a roast beef and Yorkshire pudding dinner for my mother's 86th, and crunched the whole gang into our little house.
It was a busy weekend, but a great one.
I guess I should take more time off, cause it felt so good.
And besides, I don't want to miss the little ones in our family growing up.

My grandaughter said,"You're my only grandmother." I said, "Well, that's OK, cause you only really need ONE good one." She nodded knowingly, and said, "Uh, yey-ah..........YOU!"
You think I want to miss any of that?
Hardly.










3 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend, and yes, Hilary, take that time off, you have earned it.

Darlene said...

Grandkids are fun, aren't they? Mine live too far away to see them as often as I'd like. Sounds like you had a blast!

Your helper reminds me of mine...You know you left that roll of mats there for her to lay on, didn't you? Ha.

claudia said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Where do you get all your energy though?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts