Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 2 Christmas in the Country

Sydney, this Christmas in the Country isn't too stressful for you, is it?????
From december

Today was even busier than yesterday. Luckily my youngest daughter came to run the cash register, so I was free to help customers, and do a little demo weaving.

From december

I finished the first antique fabric rug, and started the second one.
While I am grateful for all these customers, and all the interest in what I am doing, I find myself thinking longingly of weaving in a quiet house with sun streaming through the windows.
January can be beautiful. It's all in your perspective, don't ya know?

From december

One of my favorite things to do is to weave all day and listen to NPR. My brain gets to take a break...........it goes on 'chill mode'. The weaving is almost automatic.
After this flurry of activity, I am ready for that.

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

And you won't miss the flurry just a wee bit? I know I would.
Love the window pic.

jaimieb said...

That window pic is meditative!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics today! Love that 2nd rug photo and the colors in it, although they would not match my home. Still love it.

Nice bottles in the window too. Sun shining through colored glass sings to me.

Di
Too bad your cat is so stressed out... HA!

DebbieB said...

So glad to hear about the success!

You have me obsessing about weaving rugs. I don't have a fabric stash, though - maybe I'll start haunting the Goodwill for old sheets and unloved jeans...

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I read your blog often, and enjoy it dearly. You are an inspiration to me. I have my first shaggy rug on the loom, and it makes my spirit soar!

Peace, Love, and Rags!

~Amy DeDoming

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts